I found a stitching group!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Fizzbw

I found a stitching group!

Post by Fizzbw »

It's called a stitching group but seems to be mainly sewers but that's ok. Popped in today to see what it's about. Very nice people and has things like really big tables to cut things out on and differnt sewing machines to try. I told them I was a cross stitcher and they asked me to show them how to do it!

It's the second and fourth Wednesday in the month. I've just cut out and tailor tacked a top I'm making for myself (Cotten) so I can always take that in with me, I can take my little Argos sewing machine with me. I'm going to get a new sewing machine soon so it's a chance to check out the others.

I think I will take a few cover kits in with me next time for people :)

I'm nit surer I'll be able to do the whole day (10 to 4) but it will be fab meeting new people and they seem very nice.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Lulu22

Re: I found a stitching group!

Post by Lulu22 »

That sounds great let us know how it goes :) I have a quilters group in my area but haven't pursued it as it seems too different to cross stitching but maybe I ought to check it out, after reading your post, Thanks Niki!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

That sounds great! I hope you have an excellent time and are able to stay as long as you want.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

It's nice to find others, I go very fortnight to a 'Knit & Natter', unfortunately there is little stitching there. There are a couple of ladies who have done cross stitch for years, but they saw my last project & promptly lumbered me with the unwanted title of 'Cross Stitch Guru'. That's something that is so inappropriate it's unbelievable, especially when I have so much yet to learn.

The 'Knit & Natter' is at our local library, and happens twice a week. No, sorry, should happen twice a week. The daytime group has been kicked out because of 'Inappropriate language and subjects', and now meets in the local wine bar. No one is under 50, so one wonders just what the problem was...

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

That's great Fizzbw. Even if you can only attend for a while each time I am sure they ill be pleased to see you & you will enjoy their company as well as learning new things. Well done. Look forward to hearing more about it. :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Sounds lovely, enjoy!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Yay for the stitching group! Fun camaraderie. :whoop:

richardandtracy wrote: ... The daytime group has been kicked out because of 'Inappropriate language and subjects', and now meets in the local wine bar. No one is under 50, so one wonders just what the problem was...
Well....uh....I'm over 50 and I can well imagine what would/could get a group of me's kicked out of a library.Image

WIP
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: How wonderful to find a stitching/sewing group Niki and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Allyn wrote:
Well....uh....I'm over 50 and I can well imagine what would/could get a group of me's kicked out of a library.Image
Ditto!!!!

And Niki, it sounds like a great group!! I agree with the others, stay as long as you're able and enjoy it. And great idea to do research into sewing machines while your'e there. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote::whoop: :whoop: :whoop: How wonderful to find a stitching/sewing group Niki and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. :whoop: :whoop:
I agree completely!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote:
Squirrel wrote::whoop: :whoop: :whoop: How wonderful to find a stitching/sewing group Niki and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. :whoop: :whoop:
I agree completely!!!

Carole
:dance:

Me too!!! Enjoy the experience! :dance:
Allyn wrote:Yay for the stitching group! Fun camaraderie. :whoop:

richardandtracy wrote: ... The daytime group has been kicked out because of 'Inappropriate language and subjects', and now meets in the local wine bar. No one is under 50, so one wonders just what the problem was...

@rotfl: I'd be one of those banned too!!! :wink: :wink: :lol:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Allyn wrote:Yay for the stitching group! Fun camaraderie. :whoop:
Forgot to finish that age definition with 'And most are over 70'.

I suppose, if you wish to pretend to be a prude, the conversation could be considered a bit near the knuckle. I think it's more that the current library manager sucks on lemons as a penance for smiling and can't bear to see anyone enjoying themselves. Our library appears to be the only one in Kent where community craft groups are getting smaller rather than larger.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Richards,I think I want to join that group!!!

I'm very much looking forward to going', and hopefully I'll have another pattern for a skirt I want to make to take with me so I can use the cutting tables. I stitched myself a bag yesterday, very pleased with it, I'll show you a bit later, I e got quite a few grime guards to make before I'm allowed some more I ternet time....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

well FIZZBW you seem to be making good use of the new group. Glad to hear it. I think I would like a stitcher's group at a wine bar, but they would expect you order something. That might be an advantage to using the library, but I guess rowdy oldsters could be distaracting. I can't seem to be available when the libraries near me have similar events, I am not far from about 4 libraries, two of which are closed for remodeling ,I think till fall. I did try to go to a book club at one, but didn't find it terribly interesting, and the I would remember it was meeting the day before and the day after, but not on the day, so after missing 2 or 3 in a row, I kind of gave up and then they announced that library was one of the ones to be remodeled, so maybe when they open again. Sorry , I do ramble on. Hope you all enjoy your groups.