Cross Stitch Tattoos

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Busy_B

Cross Stitch Tattoos

Post by Busy_B »

I know I haven't been active very much. It would help if life would stop getting in the way. But, when I saw this article online, I had to post it. I know several of the members like tattoos, so here's a way to put them together. :D
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Allyn

Re: Cross Stitch Tattoos

Post by Allyn »

LOL I just logged in to post this very link.

I don't care for the look, myself. As a biker's ol' lady, I certainly approve of tattoos; but I don't want them to look like cross stitch, especially huge stitches that you can easily see the Xs. However, if it's someone's bag, more power to them. :)

WIP
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

I am not a tattoo person. But it I was ever going to get one....cross stitch would be the way to go. Lol
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

How unusual! but it looks great, I've never wanted a tattoo, but if I did I would definately have a cross stitch one :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I don't go for tattoos but if I did, a cross stitch tattoo would be it, I'm sure! One good thing about them is they brought you back to the forum, if only to say Hi! Good to hear from you again. :whoop:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
purgatory

Post by purgatory »

I'm with Allyn on this one, I have tattoos but I would not want one with lots of little x's, but like everything else tattoos are a personal choice and what people decide on is up to them, interesting topic though
Finishes 2013

HAED earth mermaid

WIPs (or even my rotation O.O)

HAED sloth
HAED SK courage
HAED Amanda and Axel
Aesandre

Post by Aesandre »

I like it! It may drive the tattoo artists nuts though ;)
ImageImage
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I know I'm going to be slated for saying this BUT........
I don't like tattoos! Plus I think there's only one thing worse than a woman with tattoos and that's an Old woman with tattoos! All faded and wrinkled! :doh:

I'll shut up and stand against the wall and wait for the flak to be thrown!
Last edited by wendywombat on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

wendywombat wrote:...I'll shut up and stand against the wall and wait for the flak to be thrown!

No flak, hun. :) Just a big ol' hug. :hug:

WIP
fccs

Post by fccs »

Allyn wrote:
wendywombat wrote:...I'll shut up and stand against the wall and wait for the flak to be thrown!

No flak, hun. :) Just a big ol' hug. :hug:
:-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

rcperryls wrote: One good thing about them is they brought you back to the forum, if only to say Hi! Good to hear from you again. :whoop:

Carole
Thanks, Carole! It has been a crazy couple of years since I've been really active between working on my masters, returning to teaching (and starting all of my lessons from scratch), running a soccer club with DH, and DH having 2 knee surgeries in the last year. I was hoping to get a lot of stitching in over summer break, but that hasn't been possible. :( I've got about 2 weeks before school starts, but I am teaching 3 courses instead of 2 this year, so I need to work on lesson plans. :ratherbe: I really need to find the time to be more active on here again! I miss everyone!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Remember to check in, now and again, even if you haven't had a chance to get much stitching done. I know that developing lesson plans takes a lot of time and energy besides the actual teaching. Are you still in school yourself? That requires an awful lot of time also. But the fact that you came back means that the stitching itch has started. Small projects and even a few stitches at a time can be a good way to scratch it. And checking in here helps too!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Tattoo... No thank you. Definitely not for me.

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Lovely to see you back!! Stay.....

The tattoos are interesting, i liked the elephant one, but not entirely convinced by them. I've no tattoos but don't hav anything much against them.

Watching a programme the other day about a pop up tattoo shop who cover up people embarrassing old tattos with new ones....some people!!! One had a very large back tattoo saying somthing ver rude about Barbie and Ken....covers up with a huge crow....but the best one, which I had heard before but thought was apocryphal but isn't, was the ex army Liverpudlian who had had "you'll never walk alone" tattooed on his leg, then had lost the leg in an IED explosion, and the tattoo now reads "you'll never walk"!!!! But he used it as inspiration and mot action. The programme didn't cover it up but gave him a great new tattoo on his chest with the last two lines from Invitus on it.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village