2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by rcperryls »

Fortunately we haven't needed this too much so far,this year and I hope,we hardly need it for the next 11 months, but this is a wonderful place to rest and recover from any and all afflictions . The softest beds and warmest blankets and tastiest medicines around. More TLCthan you could ask for.

Please sticky this one too, Rose.
And hope you feel better soon. Colds hang on so long these days.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Can I have a bed for a bit? My tummy trouble has flared up again, and it always takes a few weeks for a flare to settle down again :-( - but a nice comfy warm bed with a hot water bottle and lots of tea should be just the thing!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Can I have a bed next to you please Mabel? you can show me your lovely stitching. Did more than I should have done 2 days ago & sciatica played up big time so feel out of so sorts, no energy at all. DH shelved small cupboard where water tank used to be & I thought it would only take 30 mins to put away bedding, towels etc. More room in 2nd part of fitted wardrobe so sorted out some bits & pieces that were cluttered in other places awaiting transferral. But 90 mins later could hardly move. My own fault for keeping going. Sorted a few bits for charity bag tho.

Hope your stomach problems soon calm down Mabel. Will you join me in a glass of hot V...o, a flavoursome fruit squash?
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I was hoping we wouldn't be seeing too much use of this thread, but so glad that it's here for those who need it. Like me, right now. Lavender, I always thought my backaches were sciatica too, but Dr says its my muscle not my nerve. Think I really need a new mattress and an ergonomic chair for stitching, but have been reluctant to get one. Partly because of the money and partly because that's the mattress I shared with my DH. Not sure which of those reasons is an excuse for the other. Or maybe its because Miss Laverne has taken to sleeping on my back at night??? In which case a new mattress isn't likely to help. Oh well, will rest here, visit with you ladies and then get a start on my day.

I hope you both are feeling better soon and that the TLC and hot tea (or whatever you prefer) helps in the recovery.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Think I really need a new mattress and an ergonomic chair for stitching, but have been reluctant to get one. Partly because of the money and partly because that's the mattress I shared with my DH.
Carole
Maybe you can try a mattress topper instead of a whole new mattress? Just a thought...
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

I had to go to an occupational therapist yesterday - I have trigger thumb. She gave me a splint for my thumb and my first thought (and question to her) was whether or not I could stitch with it on. I can. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

fccs wrote:I can. :-)
Yay :dance:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:
fccs wrote:I can. :-)
Yay :dance:
Double Yay :whoop:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Now ladies, everyone have everything they need? Enough hot tea? Plumped pillows? The mobile library cart will be through in a jiffy. Being virtual, it has everything ever published available. :bandaid:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

So sorry to 'see' that there are 3 of you not feeling on top of the world but I hope that soon you will all be back on top again. In the meantime enjoy the TLC
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Painfully stubbed my pinkie toe. To the point I thought I broke it,still think I may have cracked something. Now I have a lovely orange black and blue foot. Still hurts to walk and putting on a shoe is nasty.'
Linda
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Oh no. Since my back is fine now (don't know what happened) I will be glad to get you a stool and a comfy pillow to rest your poor foot on right in front of a comfy chair. Would you like some :tea: and :cake: or something stronger while you rest. No shoes are needed as the temperature in here is always perfect but there are some soft and cozy slippers if you prefer.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

That would be lovely, been keeping it up and could use a good stiff drink :wine: and some chocolate
Linda
Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

Hello. Am I allowed to sneak in here. I'm not ill or hurt but very sleep deprived. My 2 year old hasn't been sleeping very well the last week and has been waking every two hours. Just wondering if I could just have a quick nap where no one will know where to find me.
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We have a special room for sleep-deprived parents, right this way. :thumbsup:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

The sleep deprived definitely need extra care, especially busy moms
Linda
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Some more beds taken I am logging out now, feeling better. Hope the toe is not so sore Mauverne & Jewell stitcher hope you can get some sleep soon. Nice fluffy pillows & lavender oil on them should help. Thanks for the book trolley Serinde, I so was happy to see you bring it in. Did not know there was one. I had plans to do that one time, stop work at 56 & do a few years voluntary work at local hospital taking books round. Life did not work out like that tho. Still I had that lovely dream planned for a few years, nice while it lasted :D

Internet been playing up, switched it off for 36 hrs. Not quite so chaotic now. Gusts again up pto 80mph. Got a lot of x-stitch done & will put that on another day.

Get well soon everyone. :D

stitching is beewitching

mauveme

Post by mauveme »

My foot is much better, not as sore but still a lovely shade of purple and black..Can even walk in shoes now. Hope everyone else is getting better
Linda
Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

We had a much better night last night and of course the nap in here helped and I feel almost human now. Thanks for the bed :D
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Glad you toe is getting better Mauverne & that you had a better night's sleep Jewell Stitcher :D

stitching is beewitching