Hoop stands

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

motherof4

Hoop stands

Post by motherof4 »

Has anyone got/used a hoop stand that you can sit on and how easy was it to use ?
wendywombat

Re: Hoop stands

Post by wendywombat »

I have one!! :wub:
For years I never used a hoop or frame having been put off when doing a tapestry...awful frame, all wobbly!
I always stitched 'in-hand' after, consequently getting grubby and crumpled results and the threads losing their lustre.
Then a lovely member here gave me her DMC sit-on hoop......I was Converted!! :dance:
Since then I bought a slightly ,smaller Elbesee hoop which fits the stem and stand nicely.
I have to say that the DMC one is more robust as the Elbesee one had plastic connections, but they are still very good. DMC version is still available but you have to seek them out.

I don't find any problem with the 'seat' part under my leg and I sit 'astride'...as I never wear skirts this is fine! :lol: Also the whole assemble comes apart for travel so I take it to my craft mornings and away in the car for use on holiday.

http://www.sewandso.co.uk" target="_blank has the Elbesee version with several size of hoops. The Dmc comes with one hoop of 8 1/2 " but no problem with buying the Elbese hoop tp fit if you want smaller/larger.