other forums

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

RosemaryH

other forums

Post by RosemaryH »

I love this forum and appreciate the way that members interact with each other. As I do other crafts as well as cross stitch I was wondering whether any of you could recommend other forums that are good. A knitting forum would definitely be of interest as that is my other real passion. Others would be of interest too, open to ideas on all crafts as I am a dipper in many.

RosemaryH
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
wendywombat

Re: other forums

Post by wendywombat »

I can't recommend any other, but I do look at Ravelry for knitting patterns. Haven't tried their forum though.
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

wendywombat wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:55 pm I can't recommend any other, but I do look at Ravelry for knitting patterns. Haven't tried their forum though.
Thank you, I will have a look.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Angel

Post by Angel »

Ravelry forums are kind of modular, their main forums aren't great tbh and I always found the best option was to explore the groups within ravelry and their forums. I managed to find the same atmosphere within a couple of select groups as I did here, but it was very much something you had to work at to put together the right atmosphere and level of interest to you and it does not come right away.

I'd love to hear of any general sewing or costumingbforums anyone can recommend as I generally live on facebook and not a huge fan lol
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

You might check out https://christmasfriendshome.createaforum.com/index.php
The primary focus of the entire forum is to prepare for Christmas and other holidays. Scroll down to the Crafters Corner where we discuss our various projects, share ideas and links, etc. We are a small but active and welcoming group. There are probably many other forums but when you look at them you want to look at the most recent posts to be sure they are active.
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ