Storing Cross Stitch Projects

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Weedaisy

Storing Cross Stitch Projects

Post by Weedaisy »

So, I've just discovered that it's okay to rotate cross stitch projects, and I was wondering if there is any special way to store the fabric in between working on it. I figured I'd ask what you guys do to store your work-in-progress fabrics.
richardandtracy

Re: Storing Cross Stitch Projects

Post by richardandtracy »

I have 2 frames, and am working on 2 projects. The one out of rotation is slightly slackened off and put in my wardrobe.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Unless I'm actively swapping between the two, I take it off the hoop/Q-Snap and accompanying threads/patterns go in a baggie and the fabric gets laid out on top of another (not) abandoned :lol: project that goes into one of my drawers on my sterilite towers.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I leave mine in/on their frames. If they are going to be in a time-out for awhile, I'll put the big ones in a pillow case.
Last edited by fccs on Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I have each project and all the necessary supplies in a dedicated zip lock. I always take my work out of the hoop, even if I'm just quitting for a few hours. I try to fold the fabric a little differently each time so I don't end up with permanent creases. Happy Stitching!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

fccs wrote:I leave mine in/on their frames. If they are going to be a time-out for awhile, I'll put the big ones in a pillow case.

Yep, me too!
Weedaisy

Post by Weedaisy »

A pillowcase sounds like a good idea, and I also like the drawer idea. I've just moved, so I may have room for something like that. Thanks for the suggestions!
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Weedaisy wrote:A pillowcase sounds like a good idea, and I also like the drawer idea. I've just moved, so I may have room for something like that. Thanks for the suggestions!
I just moved too! I got to redo my craft closet, so I have BIG sterilite single drawer tubs on the bottom (2 wide, 3 tall) and then the 3 drawer containers that are 3 wide, and 2 tall. So flatter and smaller things like office supplies, fabric, kits, etc, are in the 18 smaller drawers, and big things like bulky projects, yarn, bead boxes are in the 6 big ones!
Weedaisy

Post by Weedaisy »

@curiouskitty One day, I hope to have a craft room. I wonder if people who craft only stick to one thing. I enjoy cross stitching, baking, cake decorating, crocheting, and am going back to glass bead making. Come to think of it, no wonder I cross stitch so slowly. :D
fccs

Post by fccs »

Weedaisy wrote:@curiouskitty One day, I hope to have a craft room. I wonder if people who craft only stick to one thing. I enjoy cross stitching, baking, cake decorating, crocheting, and am going back to glass bead making. Come to think of it, no wonder I cross stitch so slowly. :D
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

fccs wrote:
Weedaisy wrote:@curiouskitty One day, I hope to have a craft room. I wonder if people who craft only stick to one thing. I enjoy cross stitching, baking, cake decorating, crocheting, and am going back to glass bead making. Come to think of it, no wonder I cross stitch so slowly. :D
@rotfl: @rotfl:
I go through spurts, but cross-stitching being my main staple. I went through a bead ornament craze, spent maybe 100+ dollars on seed beeds from (Toho? idr, it's the other most popular brand here), made about 6 of them and then packed it all up and promptly forgot about it. I have a blue-white striped afghan I'm slowly crocheting. Only 5 years old. :roll: It'll be a massive cuddly blankie. My "craft room" is basically just my office. So I guess it counts?
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

I put mine in a pillowcase as well.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers