Tea and....

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

poppy

Tea and....

Post by poppy »

I love tea :tea: . What is your favourite hot drink and what is your best accompaniment with it?
I think Mc Vities Milk Chocolate digestives are the best biscuits in the world. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
DisneyStitcher

Re: Tea and....

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Hot chocolate w/ marshmallows and ruffle cut potato chips - unfortunately it's only cold enough about 3 days a year to really enjoy it here.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I like hot tea and hot chocolate. My favorite adult hot beverage is a Chocolate Moon - dark hot chocolate, peppermint moonshine, whipped cream. Yummy.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

fccs wrote:I like hot tea and hot chocolate. My favorite adult hot beverage is a Chocolate Moon - dark hot chocolate, peppermint moonshine, whipped cream. Yummy.
I love hot tea, and hot chocolate, but usually drink black coffee!! Debby your version of hot chocolate sounds sinfully delicious!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I love hot.chocolate of any kind! I don't drink tea or coffee so that's the only hot drink I have. I love Jaffa cakes. Are they a biscuit? Not sure ...
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

I love tea milk no sugar please :tea: cake or a biscuit I don't mind either I have a very sweet tooth!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

A lovely mug of hot tea so strong a lead spoon floats in it, and a thick layer of tar is laid down on the inside of the mug. It's a meal in itself... :wink: I do occasionally forget I've made a mug, leaving the bag to stew for 30 minutes, so fish the teab bag out, zap the tea in a microwave to re-heat, add milk & 1 sugar, and then it's usually the perfect strength.

Must admit at work my boss has thrown away one of my mugs having declared it a health & safety hazard. I'd allowed the deposit layer to build up to about 2mm on the inside of the mug which was seriously impairing the amount I got to drink each time. My argument was that it's sterilized 10-15 times a day, so how could it possibly be a health hazard?

Regards,

Richard.

Edited for tripe writing error
Last edited by richardandtracy on Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:tea: first thing in the morning....I Cannot get out of bed happily unless I've had Two cups in my favourite PUFFIN Mug, brought to me by D/H!! ( I spent many years whilst working, getting up early in the morning and bringing D/H His tea before I went off to work....so I guess it's now my turn! :wink: )

Black coffee mid-morning and an expesso after our evening meal. Don't like milk in coffee either. Never hot chocolate :gurn:

Ginger biscuits are my favourite and I make a batch most weeks...the commercially made are too sweet and not gingery enough. :tizzy:

Fussy sort aren't I?? :lol:
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

I drink mostly tea, milk no sugar. Not too weak. Have small cup of coffee after each meal. Instant decaf granules, filter coffee gives me headaches. Like hot chocolate bedtime. Rich tea biscuits with first tea of the day as I need to take tablets. Usually about 5.30 am & I go back to bed. Have small cake or crisps mid morning 3 times a week.

For years I got up early & took dogs out at 6 am but not for last few years since we've not had dogs. DH used to say I should have done a paper round while walking dogs :lol: We lived near a large park & it was lovely to go early & hear birds singing on summer mornings. Used to meet several other early morning dog walkers as well as local running club members & athletic people training.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

wendywombat wrote::tea: first thing in the morning....I Cannot get out of bed happily unless I've had Two cups in my favourite PUFFIN Mug, brought to me by D/H!! ( I spent many years whilst working, getting up early in the morning and bringing D/H His tea before I went off to work....so I guess it's now my turn! :wink: )

Black coffee mid-morning and an expesso after our evening meal. Don't like milk in coffee either. Never hot chocolate :gurn:

Ginger biscuits are my favourite and I make a batch most weeks...the commercially made are too sweet and not gingery enough. :tizzy:

Fussy sort aren't I?? :lol:
I wouldn't day fussy, you just know what you like!! Your ginger biscuits sound delicious!! Are they hard to make??? I would love to try making them!!
Work in Progress
Various small designs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Not at all!
This is the recipe I use

http://sarahbakes.co.uk/?p=867" target="_blank

I only put in 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda and I use chopped Glacé ginger and Golden syrup.

Bear in mind that this is a UK recipe so you would have to play with this to get the US equivalent of quantities.
I found this, but I would add more ginger as well as adding the chopped ginger. http://www.food.com/recipe/gingernut-biscuits-75118" target="_blank
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Coffee (black) first thing in the morning and will usually have my second cup right after the first. In the winter I will often drink hot tea (black, green or herbal ) during the day and depending on my mood (and sometimes on my weight that morning :oops: ) I might have a Vanilla latte or macchiato. With lots of Cool Whip on top. I am very allergic to chocolate so that's my go to when hot chocolate would otherwise be my option.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

wendywombat wrote:Not at all!
This is the recipe I use

http://sarahbakes.co.uk/?p=867" target="_blank" target="_blank

I only put in 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda and I use chopped Glacé ginger and Golden syrup.

Bear in mind that this is a UK recipe so you would have to play with this to get the US equivalent of quantities.
I found this, but I would add more ginger as well as adding the chopped ginger. http://www.food.com/recipe/gingernut-biscuits-75118" target="_blank" target="_blank
Thank you!! I definitely will bookmark these!!
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Tea, in my own personal very large mug, very strong with lots of milk. And to accompany it one of the biscuits I brought back from the Netherlands - goat's legs, marrow bones, and all sorts of weirdly-named but very tasty treats :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mags

Post by mags »

Decaf coffee for me at home - yes I finally found a drinkable one :lol:
I do indulge in a fully caffeinated filter coffee when out though.
As for biscuits - I have found some acceptable gluten free bourbon biscuits - yum. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you for all your answers, fascinating....! :D

Let's raise ours cups to a lovely summer of Stitching!
Help yourself to jaffa cakes, wendywombat's ginger biscuits ( some gluten free ones are available too) or lovely Dutch biscuits .
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I drink fruit teas.Have to severely restrict my intake of black tea since a kidney stone episode.When I have my once a week black tea it's with raw sugar,I don't eat anything with the tea.I do like hot chocolate.I'm sipping on a white chocolate at the moment.
I drink coffee about three times a year and still can't figure why something that smells so good tastes yuk.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Stitchinkitty wrote:I drink fruit teas.Have to severely restrict my intake of black tea since a kidney stone episode.When I have my once a week black tea it's with raw sugar,I don't eat anything with the tea.I do like hot chocolate.I'm sipping on a white chocolate at the moment.
I drink coffee about three times a year and still can't figure why something that smells so good tastes yuk.

ME TOO Why does coffee taste so bad when it smells so amazing
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

DisneyStitcher wrote:
Stitchinkitty wrote:I drink fruit teas.Have to severely restrict my intake of black tea since a kidney stone episode.When I have my once a week black tea it's with raw sugar,I don't eat anything with the tea.I do like hot chocolate.I'm sipping on a white chocolate at the moment.

ME TOO Why does coffee taste so bad when it smells so amazing

I like coffee, smell and taste BUT I WILL NOT DRINK INSTANT OR DE-CAFF !!! The chemicals that are put into those 2 are enough to cause all sorts of problems....and the taste is....BLEUGH!!!
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I only drink tea. Real ground coffee smells delicious, but I really don't like it.
However if there is a choice between Machine Tea and Machine Coffee, I choose the coffee, as it tastes more like real tea than the machine tea. I know exactly how Arthur Dent felt when he explained how to make tea to the machine in 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Only he had more patience than I do, and I have access to a sledge hammer.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation