Cross Stitch Shops

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

dknit

Cross Stitch Shops

Post by dknit »

Hi everyone,
Looking for any cross stitch shops in or around Savannah Ga. Planning a trip there and to Hilton Head. AND naturally I want to check out any shops in the area :wink: ....lol Thanks
richardandtracy

Re: Cross Stitch Shops

Post by richardandtracy »

Sorry, not ignoring you, I just have no idea. The only time I went there was years before being interested in Cross Stitch.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I can't even help you with a shop in Charleston which is still 100 miles away. All of our LNS have disappeared and the lone Needlepoint Store has closed also. If you find one in Savannah or anywhere near there I hope you will post it. I don't get to Savannah often, but do meet my son and his family there occasionally (they live in Jacksonville so its a meeting point). A Cross Stitch Shop would motivate me to nag them more about meeting up then I normally do. :oops:

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
dknit

Post by dknit »

Thanks for responding. I will let you know if I find one in Savannah...not really hopeful though. All of the LNS stores are disappearing. I am lucky to have on in Rock Hill SC that I can drive to. Someone needs to tell the big box craft stores that cross stitching is back as we are under represented in their stores :tantrum: . So tired of seeing paper crafting everywhere (not knocking that if you enjoy, just wish there was a balance...)
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Well my local craft store (has everything) has been re-organizing. I got an email advertising their yarn department update, and their aisle for cross stitch has been "reformatted" (but hey at least, it's not smaller, at least I hope). Sad that it just got lumped in with Yarn though.