Stands

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

motherof4

Stands

Post by motherof4 »

I'm thinking about getting a new stand and can't decide between Lowery, Millennium or Necessaire, could I have your views please
TIA
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Stands

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I've got a Lowery stand, and a Needle Needs lap stand (NN are the makers of the Millennium frame). Millennium I think is only a frame, not a stand, although they do stands as well. I was lucky enough to see a preview of the improved model at their workshop some time ago, and boy was it tempting! If I hadn't had the Lowery already I might have succumbed, as the workmanship is absolutely beautiful.

The Lowery, however, works well too, and I have used it for my rare bigger projects. It will even hold my (fairly heavy) Millennium frame, although it's a good idea to prop up the bottom corner on the unsupported side (I use a custom-made Meccano prop). That's the only drawbackto the Lowery, that it holds only one side of the frame. The advantage of that is that it just swings in front of you and you can easily swing it out of the way without having to move the whole stand.

As you can see, any system has pros and cons and different people like different things! If at all possible, try and see a stand at a friend's or fellow member of a stitching group; I don't know whereabouts you are but you's be very welcome to drop in for a try of the Lowery and the Millennium-frame-with-lap-stand if you are anywhere near Warwickshire.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
motherof4

Re: Stands

Post by motherof4 »

Thanks Mabel, I would love to come and see you but I am in South Yorkshire x