Hello it's been awhile

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fiddler

Hello it's been awhile

Post by fiddler »

Hi it has been awhile since I logged in. Life has a way of getting in the way. A few months ago my husband had a seizure and ended up in hospital. He had been having small ones for some time, always during the night.Visits to the Dr's diagnosed mini strokes but I was not convinced. They upped his meds but they kept happening.After an over night stay in hospital they put him on medication for epilepsy. We had around of visits to see Nurologists, Cardiologists but nothing was found except "Harding of the arteries". So far we have had no more episodes. Because of his seizure he is not allowed to drive for a year and this really affected his confidence.At first he was reluctant to go out but we are now traveling short journeys by bus and have been a few places on the coast by train. Tryed to get him to go for an over night stay in York but he would not go. It will just take time.
I have been carrying on with my family tree crossstitch but it is slow going. Will take some photos when I can. Thanks foe listening.Love Ann
kingfisher68(2)

Re: Hello it's been awhile

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

So very sorry to hear about your husband's seizures. A really stressful & worrying time for both of you. Now you are able to go out, albeit short journeys, I do hope things will improve. Take care & show us your stitching when you do have time No matter when, we'll all still be here for you. Thinking of you. :hug: :hug: :pray:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

It is so good to have you back!! So sorry that life has been so rough for you lately and hoping that things will continue to improve for both you and your husband!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome back,

Sorry to hear your news. It's hard, very hard, when someone looses their confidence like that. It sounds as if he's making slow progress, and if he does, cherish it. My FIL has had a similar loss of confidence after nearly passing away after refusing a pacemaker when he needed one desperately. Despite having one fitted nigh on 2 years ago, he's still terrified to leave the house in case a similar event happens and no-one calls an ambulance. Fear is something that's very hard to conquer.

All the best,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Great to have you back with us but I'm sorry to hear your husband had been poorly. I hope things will continue to improve for you both.
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

So sorry to hear what you've been going through. I hope he can begin to feel more confident that it's okay to go out and do things rather than stay inside and miss everything.

Hope the family tree brings you some relief.
poppy

Post by poppy »

So sorry to hear that you and your husband had to go through such horrible times.
Your husband has had a shock and, as his seizures stopped, he will get more confident with time. It is still early days.

Show us your stitching, when you can. :)
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Wonderful to have you back with us and your absence is very understandable given the trauma you have been going through. Good to know that you are both now on the up side and I pray that it will continue.

Looking forward to seeing any updates of your work when the time is right.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is great to have you back with us!!! I am so sorry to hear about your husband's illness and imagine the stress has been really difficult. I hope that his confidence comes back and that the shorter outings will help. Whenever you can give us an update on how things are going for you, please do. And an update on your stitching is always delightful to see, when you have a moment.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back :wave: ! Hope you soon get a definite diagnosis and treatment, and that your husband regains his confidence completely.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's so good to have you back! :D As Mabel says, I hope a definitive diagnosis comes through soon. Knowing what you are dealing with makes such a difference (or so I have found in the past).

Look in often.. Somebody is generally around on the forum, and anyway, it's a good place to relax and spend some time cruising the threads. And don't forget that your favourite treat or tipple is always available in the Stash & Grab while you do so. :cake: :tea: :choc: :rose: