Xstitch Magazine

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

agi

Xstitch Magazine

Post by agi »

I have just received the second number of Mr. Xstitch's magazine. I love it, so modern, so different. And has lots of variety. I have not been cross stitching a lot lately but this has definitely nudged me into picking it up again.

Anyone else has seen it? I have actually signed up when he was starting the Kickstarter campaign, but now I want to subscribe "for real".
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
tiffstitch

Re: Xstitch Magazine

Post by tiffstitch »

I get the digital edition, it is interesting. Not everything is for me, but I like the variety and I think it might bring more people into trying stitching. :)
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

I cant find any decent images of the designs. I dont
't suppose you fancy sharing a few of your favourites?
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I didn't know there was a magazine! Where would I find it?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

http://xstitchmag.com" target="_blank
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Thanks Serinde. His style is generally not quite what I'd stitch, but it is always interesting!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Always interesting to see a different perspective on design. They are not to my taste..but there are those who won't want cute and fantasy who will enjoy and be tempted to enter the Stitching Fray :applesauce:
agi

Post by agi »

It is not only Mr XStitch's designs, he is the editor and brought together lots of great designers. There is lots of modern stuff, some craftivist-like patterns, some subversive style, but all in all really interesting. I am actually thinking of stitching a few small things from them. But I also feel I want to support the magazine because we need more diversity. As someone said above, this is a way to attract young people.
Unfortunately I cannot use it in school, most of these things are not for kids, but I can use the concept - pairing cross stitch with things the kids are interested in. Well, I had been doing it already, but I can get lots of inspiration from the magazine.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
MrXStitch

Post by MrXStitch »

Hi Folks,
Thanks to Agi for pointing this thread out to me. Here's a quick spiel about XStitch.
Each issue is themed and I've got some of the best designers out there to contribute ideas in response to those themes.
Issue 1 was Revolution which included a bit of politics, but also spinning things and circles.
Issue 2 is Beats which is music and neighbourhoods and butterflies and so on.
We have thoughtful articles, book reviews, an advice column and tool reviews.
All alongside great photography and good design.
It's the magazine I always wanted to buy and I'm really pleased with the response we've had from readers around the world.
You can get all the issues at xstitchmag.com and if you subscribe to the print edition you save 10% on the cover price.
I hope you like it! :)
Come and visit Mr X Stitch - the number 1 contemporary embroidery blog! http://www.mrxstitch.com
Have you heard Stitching n Junk - the world's best stitching podcast! http://mrxstitch.libsyn.com/