Melbourne incident

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

nannyrainbow

Melbourne incident

Post by nannyrainbow »

just heard 13 people injured in Melbourne. Hope Australian forum members are OK & their family members, hope none was involved I this awful carnage. Prayers for the injured some are very badly hurt I believe. :pray:
Del
Serinde

Re: Melbourne incident

Post by Serinde »

Looks pretty awful and appears to have been deliberate, though news here reports that actual cause isn't certain. :neutral:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hadn't heard of this so looked it up on the BBC just now - another terrible incident. If I didn't know so many good, helpful, kind people I'd despair of humanity! But I think the kind outweigh the bad (It's just a shame the bad minority can cause such havoc). Hope everyone is well, including loved ones!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Definitely prayers for those injured and their families too.
Flinders Street Station is THE main station in the city and one I used to frequent when living down there. I have checked with my family down there and none of them were in the city yesterday for which I am thankful.

Crazy people do crazy things for sure. Last news I heard is that the Federal Police are treating it as a 'terror incident' until more is known about the driver and his passenger.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

glad some of you answered this, 80 viewings & 3 replies!! Where I went yesterday in both places, it was all people talked about & many prayers were said for the people involved. Many members are very kind to others ln the forum & I thought there would be more concerned in what is happening in the world, not just to those people you know, I obviously got it wrong, suppose it's what I've heard people say, it is not in my back yard so I am not bothered. goodwill to all mankind surely should be year round _ not just at Christmas. I know people are busy esp at Christmas but I can't see that as an excuse, it should be a reason. The earth is smaller in many ways & communications are varied & much quicker but everyone seems to be in much more of a hurry than when I was younger & it took longer to do things.

Glad your family are safe Sally.
Del
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

nannyrainbow, I know it can seem that people have a "not in my backyard" attitude, but remember posting on a forum is not the only way to show you care. People may have been on their knees praying their socks off, yet not replied here. Have a little faith in humanity!

On Facebook I used to get lots of those "Like if you care" messages, some of them literally saying that if I didn't click like, I obviously didn't care about homeless people/people with cancer/sick children/abused animals/God/whatever the poster cared about. Very often I did care, but my instinctive reaction to messages like that is actually to ignore them. The messages, that is, not the causes.

I hope that helps to make you feel a little less disappointed in people :hug:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I also hadn't heard about what happened in Melbourne since late last night and wasn't on the forum. I am very happy that your family is safe Sally and my heart goes out to the families and to the people injured. For them, it doesn't matter if it is a "terror incident" or the results of a seriously disturbed person or a vehicle that malfunctioned. Fingers crossed that we can get through the rest of the year with no "incidents" other than good and helpful ones. And fingers, toes and paws crossed that we have a year without such events.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker