Pako thread organiser

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

motherof4

Pako thread organiser

Post by motherof4 »

Anyone that uses a " Pako thread organiser " how do you keep your threads from getting tangled ?
Squirrel

Re: Pako thread organiser

Post by Squirrel »

I usually keep running my fingers through the groups before I roll it up to put away. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I was looking at these and the needle organiser recently and wondering if they might make my stitching more efficient, so I'll be interested to see what people say about them.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

BizzieLizzie wrote:I was looking at these and the needle organiser recently and wondering if they might make my stitching more efficient, so I'll be interested to see what people say about them.

I have the needle organiser.
I was given it by a Forum member some years back.

I used it for a while and at the time thought it great, but after a while found that I wasn't saving any time by having needles already threaded and often forgot to re-thread. Any advantage of speed was then wasted. I haven't used it for ages and it's sitting at the back of my stitching cabinet.

If you want to try it I shall be back in the UK mid-January and I can let you have mine. It's a bit bulky to send from here...also with the Seasonal Post going on......could get lost or delayed :roll:

Let me know.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I use mine on big projects (more then 50 different colours), and find it useful. You do need to place it so that you look at it, however! (You can guess how I discovered this...) And it means you have a zillions needles on the go, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, either, because needles do get old and need replacing from time to time. If you can acquire one from WW, I'd say try it out.
helbel

Post by helbel »

I keep it in a bacon box! i.e. A Tupperware or similar box for storing bacon in. It keeps the needles safe from the cat and stops it getting tangled.

I love the organiser, it's essential for big projects and having lots of threads all ready to go means I do pick up that project more frequently.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

https://www.amazon.com/Needle-Organizer ... B003SMTVFW" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I haven't used one but I remembered seeing one of these. It's a travel container made specifically for the Pako thread organizer. Looks like it might be useful. Merry Christmas everyone!