Friday 29th

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kingfisher68(2)

Friday 29th

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Poppy what a good idea, eating chocolate while trying to work out how to use your new tablet. What a great Christmas present for you to receive.

Glad you are feeling bit better Wendy. Just been to see a friend of mine she has chest infection, started with bad throat on Christmas Day but her daughters took over as she had the whole family at hers for 24 hours.

Didn't do much x stitching itself last night. Needed to oversew edges as tape didn't stick properly on Aida & as I'm using a hoop thought it best to oversew anyway.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day & safe journeys if going out.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
wendywombat

Re: Friday 29th

Post by wendywombat »

Not doing a lot today! Made some soup for lunch, trying to understand a new program on the computer and snuffling nicely!

Ought to get myself together and do some stitching...
I know...I'll make a nice cuppa :tea: and see what takes my fancy!! :D :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Snow, snow, snow today! Looks wonderful, even thought I might have wished for this big storm to be followed by the kind of bright blue skies we have been enjoying here for the last few days. But I’m happy not to have perfection, although DH and I walked up to local café only to find it shut... suspect staff couldn’t get out this way at silly o’clock this morning. So back home and dug into the Christmas baking tins. So not exactly privation!

While we were out, we saw the neighbors and so we invited them over for a drink this evening. As you do. You guys can come along too, if you are at a loose end!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Would love to! Snow slowly disappearing here - as it was frozen solid it's taking a while, even a day of mostly rain hasn't got rid of it all!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hope all clears by tomorrow Mabel & hope you found something to tempt your taste buds Wendy.

Will join you later Serinde, with some of my almond star biscuits. Only ordinary almond biscuits cut with star cutter but a favourite when children were young so still make them. They used to take turns using the cutter - amazing what simple family things can hold good memories. Will also bring some bottles of wine.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers