Cross country

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

motherof4

Cross country

Post by motherof4 »

Can anyone recommend an extreme cross country floss tube other than Porsche Parcher ? THIA
rcperryls

Re: Cross country

Post by rcperryls »

I learn something new every day on this forum! Had to " google" floss tube to find out what it is. Then I did a search on "extreme cross country floss tube" and there are a lot of choices to pick from. I have no idea which are good, but looks like there are a lot to pick from. Let us know what you discover and I hope we don't lose you to YouTube.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'd never even heard of extreme cross country! (Well, not in stitching terms anyway :-) ) And floss tubes just made me think of something to keep your floss in... :oops:
But I'm sure other members will be more informative :lol:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
motherof4

Post by motherof4 »

Extreme cross country is where you would stitch 1 colour at a time by doing maybe a full page (or more ) of all the chose symbols then using your second colour and doing all the symbols relating to that colour over all the page, then continuing with remainder of colours until page is done.
Floss tube is basically you tube but showing cross stitchers showing their work, their stash, their storage etc all thing stitchy related.
Hope this clarifies your misunderstanding.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It does. Always happy to learn something new about stitching!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Stitching a page of one colour is the best way to meeting a frog when that page is finished. It is a mystery to me what makes people look for a fifth corner in the four-wall room. All that parking, using dozens of needles on one project, now this stitching one colour turn stitching into complete tension/stress.
Lyudmila
fccs

Post by fccs »

I've seen people do extreme cross country and it definitely is not for me. I think Porsche does the entire design one color at a time. For me, that's too much structure in my stitching. I had honestly never heard of it until I saw her talking about it, so I don't know if she made up the term or if it has been around for awhile. I like to go with a color that calls to me, not a color that is up next because it has the next highest number of stitches.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

the only time I did extreme cross country stitching was for an HAED challenge. I chose a black and white HAED design that I had been wanting to do and stitched the first page one color at a time. It was fun because it was different, but I don't think I would choose to stitch that way again, especially if I am stitching a design with many colors. I think that one has about 20 and the page I started with had less than that because it was pretty much the background.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker