Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Pattern Creator 2 on XP

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mags

Re: Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Pattern Creator 2 on XP

Post by mags »

:D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

mags wrote:I've got Jane Greenoff Cross Stitch Pattern Creator 2 Version 1 and Windows XP and it works ok.

What exactly is happening? DH (pc expert) was asking fairly obvious questions that I won't ask as I know you are fairly expert yourself, but if you want to compare settings, fire away.
Hi Mags, I may need your husband's help too. My laptop died last week and I just bought a new HP running Vista. I have Jane's program too and not sure if it's going to work. Can you internet loan him out? I should have the computer in a day or so they are presently trying to salvage my hard drive, including all pictures, iTunes and cross stitch stuff along with Jane's program. I do have the orginal disk though so if he thinks reloading is a better option then I think we can do that. I don't have designs saved so that's not going to be a problem.
Alyson
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart
mags

Post by mags »

Hi Alyson

Recommend you instal the program from your original JG2 disk. If you have any designs saved, then you can just transfer them to the new folder created. (Mine by default are being saved in Local Disk C/Program Files/FOCUSMM/JG2 - I keep meaning to tidy it up a bit :lol: ) .

If you have any trouble running JG2 on Vista then try this: In explorer, go to the program application file (the .exe file), right click, properties, compatibility, and you should be able to check "run this program in compatibility mode for"... and you should be able to select Windows XP.

All this courtesy of DH. Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any further help.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs