Oh The Time

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

CuriousKitty

Oh The Time

Post by CuriousKitty »

Where has time gone!? I feel like that every year when I check back in here after I check out around November because retail and Christmas season don't mix well with me attempting to do anything else. I FINALLY get to sit back down and stitch, and I missed you all! My updates have been going to Instagram lately (and it feels like I'm cheating on you all, oh dear). I started Shades of Blue, with the intention to finish it before Christmas (oh I'm so naive, I do this every year...) And I got almost 1500 stitches in before OT at 50/week took over my life. I was then asked by a lady I ordered some patterns from on Etsy to finish a piece for a $10 gift card, so I said sure, why not? So I've started on this fat yellow bird. Did I mention I hate yellow? Oh well. :roll:

I had a day where I was so nauseous, we had a pregnancy hope, kind of. I was 80% sure I wasn't however, being only 6 days off the shark week. It was just a quick tiny viral bug. It did unfortunately, cause me to have to call a day out of work, so now my coworkers keep insisting I'm pregnant, despite telling them I took 3 tests (but it could be a false positive, they say very, very insistently). I like this gal, super funny, but she hasn't had shark week in over 10 years, had the same viral bug, called out of work too, and flatly said I must be pregnant. This gal also insisted I was when I had a day where I was dropping dead asleep at work due to 3 hours of sleep. I wish I had the nerve to say, "Just drop it already, it's kind of a sore subject!"

Anyways, so I always wanted a stand of some kind and Michael's had a 60% off on a regular priced item, so I bought this "Frank A. Edward Co. Universal Craft Stand." At first I was a little disappointed how short it was, then I realized it could fit under my desk and I don't have to sit awkwardly away from the desk with it off to the side, and I can drop the top down to stash the stitching (maybe get some fabric to hang over it) under my desk! So now I'm super excited about it.

Serinde

Re: Oh The Time

Post by Serinde »

I have an old-fashioned version of that stand, and it is really tough and excellent value. I now use it to hold my Hokett looms, so it does double duty. And the more comfortably you are able to sit, the more enjoyable your stitching will be (despite yellow...)

Do tell you colleague enough already. Sheesh.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

HI Gabrielle! Wow you have been busy! Sorry to hear about the "false" pregnancy and hope everything works out for you. I believe in Fate so just hang in there and it will happen eventually I'm sure of it :hug:

I absolutely love your frame! And it just fits under your desk perfectly! :D
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back! Sorry to hear your workmates are being insensitive about a sore subject - do tell them, or they won't know and just think they're being funny. Either that or the next time someone mentions it burst out in great howling sobs - that'll shock 'em into remembering!
Your new stand looks great, enjoy using it!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Glad to have you back! Congratulations on your new stand. Looks perfect in the pictures. I agree with the others that its time to tell your co-workers enough already. If that doesn't work, I like Mabel's suggestion of bursting into loud sobbing. Can't imagine that not working.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

CuriousKitty wrote:o I've started on this fat yellow bird.
Hopefully, It will not take too long to stitch.

Glad to have you back :D

Your frame is just right :whoop:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

WOW that is a great buy and to have it fit under your desk out of the way when not is use is a big help for sure. I see what you mean by 'yellow bird" but I am sure you will manage it as beautifully as always. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Great to have you back again, and do tell your co-worker to hush up.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Oh you are all so sweet and I appreciate it so much. I'm almost done with ALL the yellow and just fuchsia/pink and some orange left. Then the wreath of flowers around the bird. Funny enough, when it was just me and the co-worker who's guilty of the most "Oh you're pregnant" comments today, I made a uh, passing statement about stabbing culprits with a pen (jokingly). She totally acted like she'd never done such a thing and 100% agreed with my irritation at the topic. :neutral: :thinks:

Oh well, as long as it worked, right?
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

CuriousKitty wrote:: "Just drop it already, it's kind of a sore subject!"
Rant Alert! I feel your pain but for the opposite reason. I’ve never wanted children. Don’t know why, I probably just lack that hormone. But at every stage of my life for the last 30 years I’ve had comments along the lines of “Oh, you’ll be desperate for a baby when you’re in your early/mid/late 20s/30s/40s” [delete as appropriate], complete with pitying looks. Shortly after I got married (“Why get married if you don’t want children?” was another one. Er, because I love him), one of my colleagues brought her second-born into the office, looked me in the eye and said, “You’ll be having one of these soon”. (Will I? Will I really? Thank you so much for letting me know, Gabriel.) For all this woman knew, I could have been desperate for a child and not able to have one, and that comment would have been a stab in the heart. As it was, I just sent her away with a few four-letter words ringing in her ears. It drives me, as Richard would say, “potty”. (I love that word :lol: ) Rant over.

Good job on getting the dreaded yellow out of the way so you can focus on the pinks and oranges. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

daisymay

Post by daisymay »

A great stand, enjoy using it :D
Daisy :)
fccs

Post by fccs »

Welcome back and congrats on the stand. Anything to make stitching easier and more comfortable, right? That way we can stitch longer.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends