Lighting a candle

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

daisymay

Lighting a candle

Post by daisymay »

I am lighting a candle for those in Kabul & other places where there have been atrocities. So awful, not gone one month in a new year without mass killings. How terrible for those witnessing such carnage.
Daisy :)
nannyrainbow

Re: Lighting a candle

Post by nannyrainbow »

I'll light one too. So tragic :(

Been busy but wanted to come & add this
Del
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

There are so many of them they almost seem to get "ordinary" - but they must never become that!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:There are so many of them they almost seem to get "ordinary" - but they must never become that!
Most definitely!! Hoping for a change in this chaotic world!! A bit of Peace isn't too much to ask is it??? Can't we just all try and live together without causing wars, etc??? :(
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Looks like your right Mabel!! I suppose 100 people killed/murdered/massacred at once must be the norm now, esp if you do not know any of them. It is just I was brought up to care for all- whether I knew them or not, But in future I'll have to keep my thoughts to myself, just make comments about crafting. So, end of......
Catz

Post by Catz »

When will we stop looking at our differences and start seeing our similarities.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

daisymay wrote: But in future I'll have to keep my thoughts to myself, just make comments about crafting. So, end of......
Not necessarily. It's true we don't have many political discussions here on the forum, but it's not because the folk here don't care. And it's not because folk on the forum are not capable of having a civilised difference of opinion, either. It's because a lot of times, our members come here as a quiet place to get away from the appalling nature of the outside world over which they have very little direct control. The forum may be virtual, but it still feels relatively safe.

In the past it hasn't been unknown for a certain amount of blowing off of steam to occur over (equally virtual) drinks in the Stash & Grab. :thinks: :!:
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Point taken. I've not been into Stash & Grab yet. Didn't realise it was like old fashioned pub. I'll come sometimes & have a glass or two of sloe gin if they have it, but as it is virtual guess you can get what you want. Are they calorie free as it is virtual & not actual, same as nibbles I presume. Is that where you celebrate as well as commiserate? Will there be a party when Wendy Wombat finishes sorting out her father's affairs? If so will keep a look out for it.

Have to look into the hospital as well. Not looked under all headings yet , still finding my way around.

Thanks for putting me right & apologies to all :oops: :oops:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

No apologies needed. The Stash and Grab is an awesome place to visit. All food is scrumptious and completely calorie free no matter what the ingredients are. There are no aftereffects and everything is free. Only requirement is that you are a forum member. The furniture is astoundingly comfortable and the service is the best you can imagine. In fact, it has all the amenities you can imagine.

Hopefully, you won't need to go to St Cross Stitchers Hospital for anything other than to visit someone who has checked in. Another awesome place where you are nursed by the best nurses, comforted and cared for until you are ready to leave. And it is also free for all forum members.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker