Three things

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Three things

Post by Rose »

First: I have made a Photo Gallery in the Webshots Internet Site. Most of the pictures in the first two albums are the same as the gallery here. The few exceptions are in the first album I have added the squares that my sisters did for mom's quilt.
Here is the web address http://community.webshots.com/user/MRMotors

Second: Have any of you seen the new Dimensions gold spring collection? I want the woodland enchantress. No really I need the woodland enchantress.
Here is a link http://www.abcstitch.com/designers_php/ ... &itemtype=

And Third: I stitch from the middle of the project and work out in all directions first aiming to the face. I like to have my project watch me stitch. Then I work in blocks of color to were ever that takes me. But I have read on different forums that they stitch in lines. They start in the upper left corner and work each stitch as they go. How do you stitch?
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I stitch by starting in the upper left hand corner but I stitch in blocks from there, I usually start with the largest area of colour, usually the darkest also. I know what you mean about the line stitching, I have seen WIP's on the net with buncles of floss hanging behind. Looks like too much stuff in the way to me. :roll:
Linda
LuckyDice

Post by LuckyDice »

That dalmatian is absolutely adorable...I've had two dalmatians, my current dalmatian is living with my parents as we can't have him in our apartment :(
(As a side note, that's where my screen name comes from, the first dalmatian was Lucky and the second is Dice...hehe, bet you all thought I was a closet gambler)
I usually avoid kits but I may be tempted to get that one...
Thanks for the link!!
I stitch from the middle also. The project I just started was ecru on cream linen in the middle...it's just awful. I wish I would have noticed that...perhaps I would have started at one of the corners.
The floss with the threads out all like that is called railroading (I think that's the name for it). Anyways this is how it works... You start in the top corner and continue with that color until there isn't anymore in that row, then you bring your thread up at the top corner of the first stitch of that color in the next row. Then go back to the original corner and use the next color until it's done then bring it down in the second row and continue as such. I've yet to do it but have heard rave reviews about it when the design is particularly complex, especially with a lot of color changes.
I hope that helps...
KIM
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I start in the middle and work out from there. I have a little panic that I might count wrong and end up without enough space to finish if I started in the corner :roll: Also I'm THAT MEAN I resent using more fabric than I need :shock: so I always use the minimum only allowing enough to mount the piece when finished. :wink:
I always finish the faces last :!: I don't want anyone seeing my errors :P
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

I begin to stitch from the middle, but in the last Mystic Stitch that I¡m stitching I begin from the first page and go in order, page 2, page 3... Now I have completed pages 1 2 and 3 and there is 6 pages left.

Before gebin I mark grid lines, so it's no mistake to count stitches.

You could appreciate on my photos.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

I usually start in the middle and work the top right hand quarter followed by the top left hand quarter then the bottom right quarter and lastly the bottom left quarter. Then all the back stitching.

Have only once or twice not started in the middle and on these occasions have gridded up the material then started sewing where I wanted to.
Leppette

Post by Leppette »

I start from the middle and work my way through the right side and then the left; ofcourse leaving backstitch and french knots till last. [/color
Lead me not into temptation; I can find all by myself.