Charity cards have been donated (with many many pictures!)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kute Kitty

Charity cards have been donated (with many many pictures!)

Post by Kute Kitty »

This was an idea I just came up with today, and there is a tight deadline attached so I've not mentioned it to anyone else because I don't know how realistic it is.

As I've mentioned briefly elsewhere, someone I work with has roped me into participating in Cancer Research UK's Relay for Life. Everyone who takes part in the relay has to pay £15 to enter, and teams are also encouraged to do something to help raise funds for the charity. I was thinking about the possibility of getting together some beautifully stitch cards to sell - however, the hitch is that the relay I'll be taking part in is on 3rd July, so if anyone was willing to help make a card or two I'd need them by the end of June and I'm very much aware that it's going to be the beginning of June next week.

Julie has got other ideas, including facepainting and of course there's always the old classic of baking cakes to sell, so if this is just too short notice for anyone to jump in on then it's not a problem. I haven't even mentioned it to her yet, so no feelings will be hurt if it's not possible. That all having been said, does anyone think they would be able to do some cards for a cancer charity? In the past six years I've seen my father-in-law, my mother and my friend's husband all die of cancer, I've attended all their funerals, and I'm really heartily sick of it. I'd like to do whatever I can to help raise funds for cancer research, whether that involves selling cards at this event or getting some together at a later date and donating them to the charity direct for them to sell at their discretion.
Last edited by Kute Kitty on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

XandraS

Re: Would anyone be interested in doing some more charity cards?

Post by XandraS »

I'd love to help out making a few cards. Both my grandads died from cancer and my mum is a cancer survivor, so it's a charity I'm more than happy to help in which ever way.

Did you have any themes in mind?
XandraS...
Charmed

Post by Charmed »

Of course! :) I'd love to help, My mum died of Cancer and my dad had it too, but he died of something else first. Let me know what you need :)
Heidi x

WIPS Halloween Fairy, Train Of Dreams

UFO Rincewind
mags

Post by mags »

I have already done two in anticipation of the next charity card run which I would be very pleased to send to you.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
kell

Post by kell »

I've just finished stitching a couple of designs that would work for cards, so I'll happily donate them for this very worthy cause. If I have time, I might be able to stitch a couple more too. :)
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

I'm in :D It might only be a couple if thats ok..
kell

Post by kell »

Would these five be of any use to you?

ImageImageImageImageImage

My great granddad died of cancer when I was just a baby, and my Auntie beat breast cancer last year, so it's a cause close to my heart.
Last edited by kell on Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Lovely cards kell and you have been busy :dance:
kell

Post by kell »

I stitched them all very recently to stockpile, but a worthy cause is a worthy cause, and with this being a very short timeframe, I thought to myself, "I can always stitch more for my stockpile!"
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have had numerous family member pass away after fighting cancer and also friends so I am willing to pass on a few cards. I will get on them Sunday and hope to have a number of them finished to send out next week. I want to get them to you as quick as I can since I am across the pond.

I would start tomorrow but i have an Air Show I have to be at. I was volunteered to help with the lunch crowd. Just because we work at the airport does it mean that I should have been volunteered with out my permission????? :x :x
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

Not able to stitch anything at the moment but have quite a few cross stitch pieces that I can turn into cards. Really happy to help out with cancer charities having lost friends and family to it over the years. Especially happy to help after they diagnosed (wrongly thank goodness) my OH with cancer in December so the trauma is still very fresh in our heads.

Hoping Oh comes out of hospital today so will sort out the cards in the next week or two and get them posted to you. Can you PM me your details plese.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

You wonderful wonderful people!

Xandra, I don't have any particular theme in mind, just anything which will sell really!

Everyone else, thank you very much, all donations very happily received! If you have something which could be turned in to a card but don't have any actual cards I can happily do the making up at my end, I've got LOTS.

I'll get PM'ing! :D
WIPs:

Plans:

agi

Post by agi »

I am in, too. I don't have any ready atm, but can out everything else aside for a few days and stitch up a few smaller designs.

My mum and aunt died of cancer, and I had it too. So anything I can do. What about a few bookmarks as well?
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I'm not sure I'll be able have anything stitched up in time with work issues at the moment but I will most definatly try if not would handmade cards be ok as I might be able to sort a few of those out for you?
kell

Post by kell »

Just to let you know, I've posted about this on my blog and on my Facebook page in the hopes that someone might see it and stitch a few too (I've linked to this thread in both posts). Fingers crossed! :)
valb58

Post by valb58 »

I would love to do some cards for this worthy cause. Both of my parents and one of my uncles and a cousin have died of cancer, so i will start on some cards this weekend. Good luck with the relay KK.
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

Thank you so much everyone, I have to say I didn't anticipate the enthusiasm of the response but I really do appreciate it!
WIPs:

Plans:

kell

Post by kell »

I've beenlooking out a few more designs, but I'm out of cards. Would it be OK to send stitched patches to you for assembly with those other cards?
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Count me in as well KK :D :D :D
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
hiceskater

Post by hiceskater »

I can't promise anything just at the moment, but I'll try and get a couple stitched up at least in the next week or so. I know a few people that have died from cancer so if I can do anything for this cause I would be more than happy to.
Don't know if I've got any cards lying around in my pile at the moment, but if I don't, would it be ok to just stitch the patches and let you make them up your end?
~Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.~