TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 10/07/11

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

kell

TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 10/07/11

Post by kell »

As True blood Season 4 starts on 26th June, I thought this would be the perfect subject for bingo!

Below is a list of 40 people, places, titles and things to do with Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampires series. Most of them made it into the TV show, some of them did not.

Please PM me your lists with your choice of 10 by midnight (GMT) on Sunday 26th June, and I will begin drawing the numbers on Monday 27th June. :)

1. Sookie Stackhouse
2. Bill Compton
3. Eric Northman
4. Sam Merlotte
5. Jason Stackhouse
6. Tara Thornton
7. Andy Bellefleur
8. Lafayette Reynolds
9. Hoyt Fortenberry
10. Arlene Fowler
11. Felipe de Castro
12. Sheriff Bud Dearborn
13. Pam Ravenscroft
14. Crystal Norris
15. Bubba
16. Alcide Herveaux
17. Rene Lenier
18. Debbie Pelt
19. Russell Edgington
20. Sophie-Anne Leclerq
21. Calvin Norris
22. Claudine
23. Bon Temps
24. Fangtasia
25. Merlotte’s Bar
26. TruBlood
27. Shreveport
28. Dead Util dark
29. Living Dead in Dallas
30. Club Dead
31. Dad to the World
32. Dead as a Doornail
33. Definitely Dead
34. All Together Dead
35. From Dead to Worse
36. Dead and Gone
37. Dead in the Family
38. Dead Reckoning
39. Vampires
40. Werewolves

I hope you'll all enjoy it, and if you're not already a fan, perhaps I'll persuade a few of you to read the books and watch the show! :)
Last edited by kell on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
Ketta

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - SIGN UP BY 26/06/11

Post by Ketta »

Ohh... stellar idea! Getting my list in now. :D
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I will be getting my list to you today. I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, but I have listened to 3 or her Aurora Teagarden Mysteries and liked them a lot. So this may get me started on these, though I haven't been really drawn to vampires.

Carole
:lol:

pm'd you my list. Put down 12 first but I think I edited it back down to 10
I am looking forward to this one.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
KerryT

Post by KerryT »

List in thanks to random number generator !
ImageImageImage
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

I've sent you my 10 :)
XandraS...
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Sent you a PM Kell. Neat idea.
rcperryls wrote: I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, but I have listened to 3 or her Aurora Teagarden Mysteries and liked them a lot.
Have you read/listened to the Lily Bard or Harper Connelly stories? I enjoyed those as well. And a few of her stand alone books.
destructiveernie

Post by destructiveernie »

never played before do you just need a list of numbers?
Emma

WIP:
HAED Faery Tales
Tilton Crafts - MCM Olde Worlde Map
HAED QS Lady Bug
Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED Butterfly Wood
HAED SAL Teddy Bear Tree
Lucy - Charted by Skitzzzz
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

tiffstitch wrote:
ave you read/listened to the Lily Bard or Harper Connelly stories? I enjoyed those as well. And a few of her stand alone books.
I haven't read or listened to either of those. The Lily Bard ones sounded kind of depressing if I remember correctly and haven't looked at Harper Connelly. Both are available as audiobooks at Audible.com I really enjoy the Aurora Teagarden series, but I don't think she is going to write any more. I still have 4 or more to listen to. They are easy listens. After this bingo I will probably have to try Sookie at least once I am sure.

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kell

Post by kell »

destructiveernie wrote:never played before do you just need a list of numbers?
Yes, just pick the ten you want and send them to me via PM before the closing date. Then you just have to wait and see if your numbers come up. :)
kell

Post by kell »

tiffstitch wrote:Sent you a PM Kell. Neat idea.
rcperryls wrote: I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, but I have listened to 3 or her Aurora Teagarden Mysteries and liked them a lot.
Have you read/listened to the Lily Bard or Harper Connelly stories? I enjoyed those as well. And a few of her stand alone books.
I've only ever read the Southern Vampire books, but I plan on rectifying that by reading her other works too. :)
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 27/06/11

Post by kell »

1. Eric Northman
26. TruBlood

3. Eric Northman is radiant; blonde and blue-eyed, tall and broad shouldered. At 6’5” he’s tall even for our times, so he must have been considered a giant in his own lifetime (yes, he’s a Viking!). Eric is Sheriff of Area 5 and owner of the vampire bar, Fangtasia, in Shreveport. Eric is a wily character but is fascinated by Sookie. He’s played by Alexander SkarsgÃ¥rd in the TV show

26. TruBlood is a brand name synthetic blood developed by the Japanese. When it was promoted for public use, the vampires took it as their cue to “come out of the coffin” and reveal their existence to the world. They figured that they could integrate more easily if humans thought vamps would choose TruBlood (and the other synth bloods) over “live” blood. Most integrated vamps drink it, at least in public, although there are still a few slip-ups here and there!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

One for me.

and I didn't have a clue what True Blood was about. and that its vampires "out of the coffin".
I always thought it was just another vampire sort of story. Now my interest is growing. I just might have to read or listen to the first book.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

2 for me!

I'm not a fan of most of the vampire shows and flicks that have come out in the last few years, but True Blood is an exception. I watched the show before I started reading the books (I didn't know they existed until I caught the show). The show is very different from the books, not in a bad way (in my opinion), either. Both are good. :)
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

One for me as well.

kell wrote:
tiffstitch wrote:Have you read/listened to the Lily Bard or Harper Connelly stories? I enjoyed those as well. And a few of her stand alone books.
I've only ever read the Southern Vampire books, but I plan on rectifying that by reading her other works too. :)
So far I've mostly enjoyed all of her series. She definitely has a way of eliciting emotion from me in everything I've read so far. And it wasn't all happiness, some of her tales are creepy (Harper Connelly), some show a woman going through rebuilding a life (Lily Bard) and some have women dealing with severe tragedy or trauma (Aurora Teagarden and some stand alones).
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

One for me yesterday :)
XandraS...
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 28/06/11

Post by kell »

15. Bubba
28. Dead Until Dark

Bubba is a vampire who can occasionally be heard singing under his breath in a beautiful voice. He was turned by a vampire morgue attendant who recognized him and was a big fan. It’s not wise to mention the name he went by when he was alive as it really riles him. He’s not quite “all there” as his transformation was left a bit too late, but he’s useful and plays a major role in the books. He’s not yet made an appearance in the TV show…

Dead Until Dark is the first book in the series.
Small town Louisiana has a big problem - or rather a number of big problems. And now some of them have come knocking on Sookie's door... Sookie is an unassuming cocktail waitress in an (outwardly) unremarkable town. She's quiet, keeps to herself and doesn't get out much. Attractive as she is, her hidden 'talents' send men running. For some reason her mindreading skills are just a bit threatening... Then the unreadable Bill appears on the scene. Tall, dark and handsome, Bill seems to be the man of her dreams. Except he's not technically human. Bill is a vampire and a vampire who keeps seriously bad company, some suspected - unsurprisingly - of murder. Things get a bit close to home when a co-worker is murdered and Sookie starts wondering whether she will be next...
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Another one today, that makes 2!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

One more for more so that makes 2 for me too.

too many toos!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 29/06/11

Post by kell »

Heeheehee! I'm being evil and only giving two each day to drag it out a little and give me a chance to get a prize together for the winner...

Here's today's numbers:

20. Sophie-Anne Leclerq
40. Werewolves

Sophie-Anne Leclerq is the 500-year-old vampire queen of Louisiana. In the books, she was very young when she was changed (she’s still a teenager) but is significantly more adult (physically, if not emotionally) in the TV show. She has a human companion – Hadley Stackhouse, who is Sookie’s cousin. She is played by Evan Rachel Wood in the TV show.

Werewolves are just one kind of shape shifter, but they consider themselves to be the best and most dominant. There’s a large pack over at Shreveport. Werewolves and vampires do NOT get on.
tiffstitch

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 29/06/11

Post by tiffstitch »

none today