Why I Think This Is My Dream Destination City!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Stitchindude

Why I Think This Is My Dream Destination City!!

Post by Stitchindude »

Here is where you post your answers!!

:D :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Chester-le-street---cause it's home

Tyne on Weir--County Durham
Linda
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

London, because while I've gone through it twice and planned a trip I've yet to see it. I stopped through on my way to Scotland and Salisbury and I planned a trip for my mother and me last year to celebrate her 70th but she got sick and we had to cancel at the last minute. Some day I would love to get there to see everything and haunt the markets for lace and bobbins!

PS Okay ignore my entry at this time. I posted prematurely....not doing well with following directions these days!! :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:
mags

Post by mags »

London :D

I used to live there, up to the age of 10, so I half consider London to be my home town. I wouldn't like to live there now though - I think the pace of life would be a bit too fast for me - I like living in the country.

We have visited several times in recent years doing the tourist thing and I just love wandering around looking at all the sights, trips on the river, doing the London Eye (4 times so far), wandering through the parks, up the Mall etc etc.

Usually our trips have been day trips or while en route to Europe via Eurostar. It would be nice to spend a few days there instead of a hurried pack-it-all-in.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

London

Born and bred there, so London is my home. I moved away when I got married, to live in my husbands home town (400 miles away).
The last time I went home was in 1995 so it's been a few years now since I was last there.

I took my eldest to meet some of the family when he was just young, but he doesn't remember it at all, so really neither of my children have ever been there or seen where I'm from.

Maybe one day we'll be able to do a trip there...
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
agi

Post by agi »

London

Being an English teacher, London and Britain in general has always been one of my dream destinations.

I went to the south of England in 2004 with my class on a school trip, which was wonderful, but we only spent an afternoon in London. Which was only enough to make my heart ache... Then, in 2006 I won a place on a two-week seminar in Plymouth, and I economized so I could spend a 3 day weekend in London on my way there. I was just wonderful. But since I wanted to see as much as possible in that short time, at the end I was sooooo tired, I could only sit in a park and watch - but I enjoyed even that.

Now my dream is to be able to go for a few more days, not alone but with my husband, and in a way that I do not have to count pounds and choose between Globe Theatre and St. Paul' Cathedral because I only had enough money left for one of them... :cry: :cry:
I have yet to see Windsor, the Harrods, Grenwich and I would like to travel on the Thames. I definitely want to go to theatre and to the British Museum again, and National Gallery, and Tate, and Victoria and Albert...

And walk in all those places where the heroes of the books I translated walked!

Sorry, it wasn't as short as the Dude suggested, but I get all emotional about it!!!!!
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

All of you have been outstanding! You can tell alot about a person by their dreams!!

:D :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

WELLINGTON New Zealand

My dream city.......... Why?? Well it's the southernmost capital of the World. It's in a fascinating part of the planet, wonderful countryside and I've never been there!

:D :D :D :D :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wellington, New Zealand

Well, WW, you and I can go together! I have never been in the Southern Hemisphere and I would love to see that beautiful landscape brought to our screens in LoTR. An added advantage would, of course, be the fact that none of the animal or plantlife is trying to kill you there. A veritable Garden of Eden. MY DH has been (academic conference), however, and still talks about it -- 20 years later. That's impressive!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Wellington New zealand

Why because it is the nearest to my dream destination Australia ,I would love to visit New Zealand as well, :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

That's 3 for the Ride!
What fun we are going to have!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Vienna, Austria

I think this would be a fine place to visit because of the Alps and the beautiful scenery. I have over the years watched the "Sound of Music" many times and although I know the movie was not filmed there the mountains really attract me. I guess that must have to do with being raised in Montana and all the trips we made to Glacier National Park. It is so beautiful in the mountains. I also like the history of this area and think it would be a fun trip.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Cairo,Egypt.

I would love to visit Cairo as I find everything about the Pyramids fascinating.
If I ever went I would try to see them at first light, without the huge crowds around.
Just a taste of what I find so gripping
http://www.gizapyramid.com/oldphotos1.htm
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Thanks for sharing Jilly!!

:D :shock: :roll: :wink:
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Cairo, Egypt....I am an archaeologist so I think that pretty much explains itself!