Vermont-alicious BINGO! Lizzieh is the winner!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: Vermont-alicious BINGO! possible winner -opinions please

Post by rcperryls »

I sure don't mind. Perhaps Liz can look in her sent PMs to see if her numbers are listed there. I don't think this is a case of not checking in. And if it isn't her number, then we just go on.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

rcperryls wrote:I sure don't mind. Perhaps Liz can look in her sent PMs to see if her numbers are listed there. I don't think this is a case of not checking in. And if it isn't her number, then we just go on.

Carole

Right.. I wasn't sure if I should take it as Liz is saying "bingo" or not... and definitely wouldn't want her to miss out if she is the winner.
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

BINGO

Oh my goodness. Thanks for your patience ladies. Checked my Pm (don't know why I didn't think of that before). I seem to have a full house.
Please give me a few days to start a new game as I have to put my thinking cap on and I'm afraid it will be nowhere as good and informative as this one has been!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yes, Liz is the winner! Just double checked her numbers, congratulations! :dance: :dance:

Please PM me with your preferred gift, the VT stuff or stitchy stuff. :)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

In that case, let me try and post the rest of the info in shorter form:

26. 1st state to abolish slavery http://www.slavenorth.com/vermont.htm" target="_blank

Vermont abolished slavery on July 8, 1777, and technically was an independent republic at the time. However, when they joined the union in 1791, they kept the law in place.

The relevant quote "I. THAT all men are born equally free and independent, and have certain natural, inherent and unalienable rights, amongst which are the enjoying and defending life and liberty; acquiring, possessing and protecting property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety."

6. Shelburne Museum http://shelburnemuseum.org/" target="_blank

Electra Havermayer Webb (part of the Shelburne Farms Webbs) founded Shelburne Museum in 1947. She was a pioneering collector of American folk art and the collections found at the museum are vast. It's an atypical type of museum in that the collections are stored in several different buildings, and the entire set up is like a small village. There's a great supply of Impressionist work as well that used to hang in the Webb's home.

It's a great place to visit, but you need an entire day!

14. Jacques Cartier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_cartier" target="_blank

Jacques Cartier is best known for claiming Canada for France. He was the first European to describe and map the St. Lawrence River. It's a popular notion that he's also the first European to see Lake Champlain (not called that yet!) although it's not known for sure.

22. George Dewey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Dewey" target="_blank

George Dewey was born in Montpelier, VT on December 26, 1837. He lived a long life until January 16, 1917. He accomplished a feat that no one has yet to match, he rose to the rank of Admiral of the Navy, the highest possible rank in the U.S. Navy. He is best known for his victory at the Battle of Manila Bay during the Spanish-American war.

He's also responsible for the somewhat famous quote "You may fire when you are ready, Gridley". And then within 6 hours captured the entire Spanish fleet.

30. Vermont State House

Located in Montpelier, VT, this is a beautiful structure.

20. Old Constitution House

Located in Windsor, VT this is the birthplace of the Vermont Republic and the Vermont Constitution. It was originally called the Windsor Tavern, and is anyone surprised this is where everyone met to get things done? :)

The original house still stands and is on the National Register of Historic Sites.

28. Robert Frost Stone House http://www.frostfriends.org/stonehouse.html" target="_blank

The museum features galleries in the house where Robert Frost lived and where he wrote some of his finest poetry. His first Pulitzer Prize was awarded for his fourth book, and it was published during the time he lived in South Shaftsbury, VT.

11. Mount Mansfield http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Mansfield" target="_blank

The highest mountain in Vermont towers in at 4393 ft (1339m). It is possible to hike all the way to the summit, and of course there are ski runs all the way down. If you make it to the summit you'll find alpine tundra, earth that survives all the way from the Ice Ages.

5. Ethan Allen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Allen" target="_blank

If you travel to Vermont you'll find an awful lot of things named after Ethan Allen, and he did help found the state, was a Revolutionary War hero, and a politician. He was originally born in Connecticut, but became interested in the New Hampshire land grants in the 1960s and purchased land. He was instrumental in forming the militia that kept New York state away from people's land (as the founder of the Green Mountain Boys).

Although he only lived 51 years (January 21, 1738 - February 12, 1789) his life was packed full. Besides being a war hero and founder of Vermont, he was also a published writer and his sudden death made national headlines.

That's it, hope you all enjoyed it!
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Lizzie well done!!!!!!

Tiff, thanks for a very informative bingo, I know where I want to go on holiday now!!!

Niki xxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

GREAT GOING LIZZIE. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIFFANY THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN INFORMATIVE BINGO. Its been wonderful reading all about your lovely State. :lol: :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Re: Vermont-alicious BINGO! Lizzieh is the winner!!

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:GREAT GOING LIZZIE. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIFFANY THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN INFORMATIVE BINGO. Its been wonderful reading all about your lovely State. :lol: :lol:
I so agree!!! Congrats to Liz for winning and to Tiffany for such a fun Bingo!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Congratulations, Liz!!!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Love the information regarding Vermont!!!!!!!!! :D

socialsue
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Congrats! I had such a great time for my first bingo game on the forum! :applesauce:
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

Congrats Liz! Ethan Allen was the last one I needed, good stuff from those folks. Thanks for the fun and informative bingo! :)
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Congratulations!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Congratulations, Lizzieh! :dance: :dance: :dance:
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

:dance: Congratulations Liz! :dance: Are you going to go for the Vermont prize or the stitchy prize?

And a big thanks to Tiffany for arranging such an interesting bingo :applesauce:
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Have gone for the stitchy prize but was quite undecided.
Have a plan for the next bingo. Just need a couple of days to sort myself out and I will reveal all.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Take your time. I love a mystery and "reveal all" sounds intriguing. :D

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it and can't wait to see what Liz has planned. I've purchased your goodies Liz and I'll get them sent out as soon as I can. :)