Board Game Bingo - We have a winner!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

jocellogirl

Re: Board Game Bingo - Day 9 numbers up!

Post by jocellogirl »

Walk the plank takes me to seven :dance:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Same one takes me to 6!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Todays picks are 12 and 25! Surely someone must be close now!!

12 - No Thanks - No Thanks! is a card game designed to be as simple as it is engaging.
The rules are simple. Each turn, players have two options:
• play one of their chips to avoid picking up the current face-up card
• pick up the face-up card (along with any chips that have already been played on that card) and turn over the next card
However, the choices aren't so easy as players compete to have the lowest score at the end of the game. The deck of cards is numbered from 3 to 35, with each card counting for a number of points equal to its face value. Runs of two or more cards only count as the lowest value in the run - but nine cards are removed from the deck before starting, so be careful looking for connectors. Each chip is worth -1 point, but they can be even more valuable by allowing you to avoid drawing that unwanted card.
The first versions of the game supported up to five players, but a 2011 edition supports up to seven.
This game was originally published in Germany by Amigo as Geschenkt ...ist noch zu teuer!, meaning Even given as a gift, it is still too expensive!. Amigo's international edition, titled No Merci! (a delightful multi-lingual pun), had rules in several languages, including English. The game has subsequently been released in other countries under an assortment of names.

25 - Wings of War is a game series which merges card and board game mechanics to recreate aerial combat. The first series of Wings of War games focus on the "knights of the air" age, World War I, portraying the abilities of the fighting planes of this period.
Airplanes are represented by a mini on a plastic base which is used as a playing piece on any open surface;(a large table is usually required!) the players secretly choose three movement cards to decide the actions of the airplane they control. Different planes have different decks of movement cards to represent their different manoeuvre capabilities, all players then turn over card one and execute the manoeuvre on it (each card has a line for the planes to follow and they end up at the end of the line.....if at this point someone is in firing range of another plane (you have a measuring stick to assess this and line of sight details on the base of the mini) they take damage. If no-one is in range or the damage points have been given players then turn over card two and you start again....The last plane standing wins!
I never knew about this game until quite recently and the dynamics of it is amazing! Each plane has different set of manoeuvre cards that are apparently historically based on the planes capabilites so for example some have better turning circles than others....others can fly further in a turn as they were faster etc.... It IS like a proper dogfight, but on a table!! I have to say I am particularly rubbish at it though and ended up flying into people mostly!! :roll: :lol:

W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
rcperryls

Re: Board Game Bingo - Day 10 numbers up!

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you for No Thanks. I'm up to 7 but I can't help but agree that someone must be getting very close if not ready to shout bingo! (Not me, but someone)

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I'm up to 7/10!

I hope no one else is close because I would really like to win Love Letter! :D

Just teasing (well not about wanting Love Letter), best of luck to everyone. :dance:
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

We are still going so todays picks are 26 and 15!

26 - . Settlers of Catan - In The Settlers of Catan, players try to be the dominant force on the island of Catan by building settlements, cities, and roads. On each turn dice are rolled to determine what resources the island produces. Players collect these resources (cards) - wood, grain, brick, sheep, or stone - to build up their civilizations to get to 10 victory points and win the game.
Setup includes randomly placing large hexagonal tiles (each showing a resource or the desert) in a honeycomb shape and surrounding them with water tiles, some of which contain ports of exchange. Number disks, which will correspond to die rolls (two 6-sided dice are used), are placed on each resource tile. Each player is given two settlements (think, houses) and roads (sticks) which are, in turn, placed on intersections and borders of the resource tiles. Players collect a hand of resource cards based on which hex tiles their last-placed house is adjacent to. A robber pawn is placed on the desert tile.
A turn consists of possibly playing a development card, rolling the dice, everyone (perhaps) collecting resource cards based on the roll and position of houses (or upgraded cities - think, hotels) unless a 7 is rolled, turning in resource cards (if possible and desired) for improvements, trading cards at a port, and trading resource cards with other players. If a 7 is rolled, the active player moves the robber to a new hex tile and steals resource cards from other players who have built structures adjacent to that tile.
Points are accumulated by building settlements and cities, having the longest road and the largest army (from some of the development cards), and gathering certain development cards that simply award victory points. When a player has gathered 10 points (some of which may be held in secret), he announces his total and claims the win.
The Settlers of Catan has won multiple awards and is one of the most popular games in recent history due to its amazing ability to appeal to experienced gamers as well as those new to the hobby.

15 - Castle Ravenloft - The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner – and you are invited!
Evil lurks in the towers and dungeons of Castle Ravenloft, and only heroes of exceptional bravery can survive the horrors within. Designed for 1-5 players, this boardgame features multiple scenarios, challenging quests, and cooperative gameplay.
Each player selects a hero; a ranger, rogue, warrior, cleric, or wizard. On their turn, each player can explore further into the dungeon (turn over new tiles), move through the already explored parts of the dungeon, and fight monsters. When a new dungeon tile is revealed, there is typically an encounter of some sort, and new monsters to fight are added. Slain monsters reward the players with treasure, and experience points, allowing them to level up and increase their skills during play. Players must cooperate to stay alive, slay the monsters, and achieve the goal of their quest. Each scenario has a different goal - from retrieving a relic, to slaying a vampire lord.
This is another of the D&D preset board games except the theme is vampires and zombie dragons!!

W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
rcperryls

Re: Board Game Bingo - Day 11 numbers up!

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Both today so I should be 9/10 of the way there. Expect that someone will get Bingo today. WOW Castle Ravenloft sounds like one of those games that can go on forever.
I have to admit that the first thing I thought of when looking at the picture was how much fun Laverne or Shirley would have first tiptoeing through that elaborate set up and then swatting things on to the floor. :roll:

Good luck everyone!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Up to eight :dance:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason

bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Still at 7/10. :( Good luck everyone!
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Sounds like a few people are close! I'm at 5/10. :)
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

As no-one has called we are on for another day! Todays picks are 27 and 30!

27 - The Cave - In The Cave players take on the role of a speleologist team tasked with exploring a newly discovered cave. Players start from a base and explore a cave, tunnel after tunnel, effectively building the board (the cave). They have to overcome steep descents, underground lakes, and tight squeezes. They will be given a chance to admire the wonders of the underground, like halls full of stalactites. To make it all possible they must take the right supplies with them, like ropes, oxygen and batteries.
Each turn players have five action points to use for moving, discovering new cave tiles, exploring them, and packing their backpacks when they go back to the starting base. They need ropes for descents, oxygen to explore underwater parts, and a camera to photograph underground wonders. Planning what to take with them is one of the most important things in the game. Each turn that their pawn is not in the starting base, players must use (i.e., throw out) one basic supply from their backpack; these costs, along with the expenditure of other supplies during exploration, forces them to return to the starting base a few times during the game. To keep them from having to carry everything, though, players can raise a camp somewhere in the tunnels where they can store some of the equipment.
The cave differs every game, so players have to be prepared for everything or they will lose time. Players earn points for exploring different tiles: underwater, wondrous, descents, and so on – but to win they'll need to acquire bonus prizes for exploring the most tiles of each type. This make decision-making during trips very difficult.
When the cave is fully explored, the player who made the biggest effort in the most spectacular way wins the game.

30 - . Takenoko - A long time ago at the Japanese Imperial court, the Chinese Emperor offered a giant panda bear as a symbol of peace to the Japanese Emperor. Since then, the Japanese Emperor has entrusted his court members (the players) with the difficult task of caring for the animal by tending to his bamboo garden.
In Takenoko, the players will cultivate land plots, irrigate them, and grow one of the three species of bamboo (Green, Yellow, and Pink) with the help of the Imperial gardener to maintain this bamboo garden. They will have to bear with the immoderate hunger of this sacred animal for the juicy and tender bamboo. The player who manages his land plots best, growing the most bamboo while feeding the delicate appetite of the panda, will win the game.
I have to admit I haven't actually played this one but I sooooo want to...that panda alone is worth buying the game for! :lol:

W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
bookknurd

Re: Board Game Bingo - Day 12 numbers up!

Post by bookknurd »

Up to 8/10!

I'm going to go back and make sure I didn't miss any numbers. :)
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

And another one, 6/10. :) inching up there!
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Up to 9. There must be bingo today!
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Still at 9! I want to play the Panda game even though I didn't get it today. Someone ought to be calling Bingo, I think.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Again no-one has called :neutral: , I've never had a game go on for this long!! All I can say is check your numbers people! Todays numbers are 22 and 28!

22 - . A Touch of Evil - 'Tis the dawn of the 19th century; an age of science, superstition, and witchcraft.
Howling fills the night as a full moon rises over the small, secluded village of Shadowbrook.
Gruesome murders have become a daily occurrence and terror haunts the streets at night. An evil creature has taken up residence here and the countryside is engulfed by a tide of darkness.
But all is not lost…not yet.

"A Touch of Evil, The Supernatural Game" is a fast-paced game of fiendish creatures, dashing Heroes, and high-adventure.
Each player takes on the role of a unique monster-hunting Hero, racing against time to stop the forces of darkness from claiming another foothold in the world of man. Only by investigating the town and building your Hero’s strength can you hope to hunt down the Supernatural Villain to his Lair and defeat him in an epic Showdown. Players can race Competitively to be the first to defeat the Villain and save the town, or they can work together Cooperatively to defeat a much stronger Villain.
Featuring a gameboard map of Shadowbrook and its surrounding countryside, eight Heroes to choose from, and four different Supernatural Villains to hunt; each with its own host of unique Minions and powers to drastically change the game.
A Touch of Evil is designed to create an adventurous cinematic feel as the story and game unfolds.
So grab up your Wooden Stake, stuff some shot in that Musket, and hold onto your Tri-corn Hat; no one is safe from the creatures of the night and no one can be trusted…for inside everyone lies A Touch of Evil.

28 - Archipelago - In Archipelago, players are Renaissance European powers competing in the exploration of a Pacific or Caribbean archipelago. They will explore territories, harvest resources, use those resources in markets both internal (for their use and that of the natives) and foreign (to sell it in Europe), build markets, harbors, cities and temples, and negotiate among themselves (and maybe betray each other) – all this to complete their secret objectives. They will also need to guess the secret objective of the other players to be able to benefit from them.
But players also need to be careful of the natives; if they make them too unhappy or if too many of them are unoccupied, they could revolt and declare independence. Then everyone will lose!
According to the author, what he's tried to create is a "German" economic worker-placement game, but without the two things he dislikes in them: the superficial theme and the lack of interaction. Indeed this game includes a very present theme and a lot of negotiation and potential backstabbing.
The game includes three sets of objectives, enabling players to choose between a short, medium and long game.

W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
rcperryls

Re: Board Game Bingo - Day 13 numbers up!

Post by rcperryls »

:shock: Still at 9!!! Congratulations to whoever wins today because I'm sure there will be a winner.

Interesting games today, Sam! I can think of days when Touch of Evil would be very cathartic. :oops:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Up to 9/10!

Good luck everyone!
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

I've got number 28!!!!!
I've pm'd Sam but it's a bit late (I've been down to Bristol picking up some drawers to store thread etc in but that's another story :oops: ) I expect someone else has pipped me to it. :)
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I dont' think that many of us played this time round (Holiday fatigue I guess - they missed out on a fun one for sure) so I think you have a very very good chance of being the winner! Early Congratulations! Which means you will need to start thinking about when and what your Bingo will be!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat