Wren on brambles

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

lavenderbee

Re: Wren on brambles

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased with this, even though it still looks blue/green on here there are several lovely shades of green in it.

It wasn't until I read Wendy's comments that I realised that I am nearly finished. I have been so intent on working out where to go next 3 times I hadn't thought of it as being nearly complete. Sounds a bit silly I know, but I shall miss this one when it is complete. I have really enjoyed stitching it as it is completely different to the vibrant colours & modern design of Faith. Glad I have the 2 other kits in this series now. They are tucked away in stash drawer.

I have found this a very relaxing project. Maybe because of the gentle colours & as I've said before, my favourite bird. Also brings back memories of blackberry picking over the years :D Often went with one of my aunts in summer school holidays & my Mum made lovely blackberry & apple pies or blackberry jelly with the ones I picked. Sorry, gone down Memory Lane a bit :lol:
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

looking better every time!
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

This is coming along beautifully. You'll be finished before you know it. Thank you for sharing your updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: A beautiful update and very even stitching. Looking forward to seeing this completed and then the other 2 designs to go with it. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you. Finished it a few minutes ago & now I will look for a frame. I have several put by & if I do no find one I think suitable & will buy one. I am really surprised I finished this in just under 4 weeks. I thought it would take me longer. :D

Now I have finished this as well as completing 'Faith' I feel I can cross stitch anything I want to if I take my time over it. I looked at the chart for 'Madonna & Child' & it is a bit daunting as some symbols are the same - one lot in dark print & the other in paler print. So I folded it into 4, tucked away all paper not needed & printed it 'fit to page' so each piece of the chart is slightly enlarged. It has made quite a difference as the symbols are easier to read. I have a good magnifier as well as a lamp so I thought I can do it - just take my time & concentrate as it is only a couple of inches larger (width & length) than Faith. I felt confident I am able to do it but rather peeved to say the least when on showing it to DH, he told me it is too complicated for me & doubted I would finish it. He is always telling me to have more confidence in myself!!! :tantrum: I kept calm & told him firmly I am going to give it a jolly good try. Sorry to moan but I am sure I can do it & I jolly well will d Madonna no matter if it takes longer because it is detailed. Time has no limit on my pictures as long as gifts & cards are done before required.

Thank you for your support while I have been doing this wren. I have enjoyed it. Forgot to say no backstitch. I did not realise that until I undid the kit. Would have done it anyway as I love the picture. :D :D

Am off to watch highlights of today's cycling in Italy so no more crafting tonight. :D

stitching is beewitching

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: Congrats on a very beautiful finish!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: A wonderful finish to a beautiful design. Well Done and CONGRATULATIONS on the finish :whoop: :whoop:

Good on you for stitcking to your decision to go ahead with the Madonna and Child and I agree I am sure you can do it and do it beautifully. Just take your time over it. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote::whoop: :whoop: :whoop: A wonderful finish to a beautiful design. Well Done and CONGRATULATIONS on the finish :whoop: :whoop:

Good on you for stitcking to your decision to go ahead with the Madonna and Child and I agree I am sure you can do it and do it beautifully. Just take your time over it. :lol:
I agree completely. Doesn't matter how large a design is if you remember it is all One Stitch At A Time! The tricky part will be making sure that you have the right color thread if the symbols are close. At least it is for me. I hate it when I have < and > and arrows etc in all directions, but that requires patience. And I have been known to have to do a little (or a lot) of frogging if I start rushing. I am looking forward to your updates on Madonna. And when you have finished it (whenever that is) you will feel awesome.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A beautiful finish, and I'm lookin forward to seeing the Madonna and Child - you can beat those pesky symbols :-)!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Beautiful finish with the Wren.... :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:
I love the gentle pastel colours, too.

As for the Madonna & Child...I say 'Give it a Go!!' If you've made the chart easier to read and you have some small easy projects to pick up from time to time, what's the problem?
rcperryls wrote:
I agree completely. Doesn't matter how large a design is if you remember it is all One Stitch At A Time! The tricky part will be making sure that you have the right color thread if the symbols are close. At least it is for me. I hate it when I have < and > and arrows etc in all directions, but that requires patience. And I have been known to have to do a little (or a lot) of frogging if I start rushing. I am looking forward to your updates on Madonna. And when you have finished it (whenever that is) you will feel awesome.

Carole
Quite right!!! One Stitch at a Time!!! And when it is finished, you will feel So Proud of yourself!
Perhaps you could show Hubby these encouraging replies! :wink: :wink: :lol:
MelindaH

Post by MelindaH »

It's so pretty! :wub:

You can do the Madonna! When there are symbols that look alike to me, I always find it easier if I do other colors first. Then the similar ones start to stand out more to me. You'll find what works for you. Good luck!
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Yay for finishes! :applesauce: Honestly, this one is beautifully detailed and didn't need the backstitching. I can't wait to watch your Madonna piece take shape. You can do it! Just be patient, sit back, and enjoy the stitching journey.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

Beautiful! :applesauce: :applesauce: Congratulations on a lovely finish and good luck with your next project - a larger one is just lots of smaller ones one after the other!
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

You were a good bit more sensible than I was when I started. I had no idea of the significance of the '300 x 250 Stitches' in the description of the first kit I bought. 59000 stitches later, I finished. So far it has been my biggest project, and it was the first...

Anyway, I love the Wren. Was scolded by one of these lovely, bossy birds all afternoon yesterday while out in the garden.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you all for your comments & advice. :D I did not find frame for wren in y stash of frames so will look in the charity shops first of all but I have a feeling I will need to go to a Wilkinson's to find one I want.

I got Madonna & Child kit out, oversewn the edges on Aida, did the tacking across & down for middle of fabric & started sorting out threads & symbols. I found many of the 30 colours did not have the number of strands of thread stated on the chart. I thought of using my own to start with but found there so many not done correctly it did not seem right after buying the kit to have to use my own for over 20 colours. I did look at the details to see what brand was used & it said to get the desired effect, several different brands of thread had been used.

Decided the company may like to know a kit of theirs was not fully equipped anyway & posted it back to USA in yesterday morning post. Hopefully I will get a reply in new few weeks.

I was going to take my time with it & make doubly sure I had correct thread for symbols & thought even if I only did 20 stitches a time it would be 20 less stitches to do the next time I picked it up. Will do the small snowman kit instead. Didn't really want to start frog or snail as I feel I'd like a change of colours :D

Once again, thanks to you all :D

stitching is beewitching

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:doh: What a shame after all your effort preparing the kit!! :tantrum:

Well when you get an answer or the Complete Kit back we will be right up there on the Encouraging Magic Bench again, never fear!! :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote::doh: What a shame after all your effort preparing the kit!! :tantrum:

Well when you get an answer or the Complete Kit back we will be right up there on the Encouraging Magic Bench again, never fear!! :whoop:
I agree and will be sitting next to Wendy when the kit comes back.

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you Wendy & Carole. It is always so nice on here that people are ready to support one another. :D

I am disappointed about the kit as I was looking forward to doing it but you cannot win them all. Decided to look & see if I liked any other Madonna & child kits but none appeal to me like this one. I checked on several websites & it seems others have had problems with threads in that Design Works kit too. Glad I am not the only one. Wiill wait & see if I get a reply. Hopefully they will return the kit with correct number of threads.

Have cardigan to finish making & once that is out of the way will get on with snowman. Should start that at weekend.

Thank you :D

stitching is beewitching