DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated May-15

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

alinna
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:02 pm
Contact:

DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated May-15

Post by alinna »

Here's my next project after Cirque des Cercles. I was hoping to get more done in Peacock's Lagoon but after my move last summer, I can't find my working copy of the pattern so it'll have to wait. But I was able to find this kit I ordered last year - Henry VIII and his wives! It was really ideal for a new start - I just had to grid a bit and was ready to go since the thread was all sorted.

Here is what it will look like when finished:
Image

Here's how much I've done so far:
Image

I'm planning to do the backstitch as I go so it won't be too overwhelming to finish.
Last edited by alinna on Mon May 16, 2011 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Juel
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Juel »

A great design and a wonderful start :)
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)


My Blog
evelyn joan
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by evelyn joan »

It's looking lovely Alinna.

I have this lovely kit waitng in the wings,I can't wait to get started on it & handle some bright colours for a change.
My current project is a mass of browns,beiges & creams,Henry & his Wives are so much more colourful.
User avatar
Lili
Posts: 2322
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Lili »

wow, nice project! very beautiful start! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Squirrel »

I love history and historical stitching like this. You have made a lovely start.

Hope you find your working copy of your Peacock's Lagoon soon. Moving can be a pain and somthing is often misplaced for a time.


Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
gyork
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Dundee scotland

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by gyork »

wow great start to a stunning design
Gillian


W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
User avatar
Cecilia
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: England

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Cecilia »

Great start. :applesauce:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Great start so far! :applesauce:
Faith
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by karen4bells »

:) Very nice design and great progress on it already!! This is definitely going to be a nice one to watch!! :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Rose »

Nice work and it is going to be really terrific when finished. :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Vega
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Vega »

Great start, I love the bold bright colors in this.
User avatar
Wandatoo
Posts: 2328
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:04 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Wandatoo »

What a huge project! Great subjects -- I find this era of history fascinating.
Wandatoo

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."
User avatar
Pengwenn
Posts: 2037
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Pengwenn »

you've got a great start
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by tiffstitch »

Neat project and great start! :applesauce:
User avatar
johannauk
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by johannauk »

This is a great design, hope you are enjoying it!
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Great start on this and I think you're wise to get the back stitch done as you go.
I don't mind backstitch, but if you do and you have alot of it, it could be the thing that puts you off finishing it.

Anyhow, it's looking great!
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Mystonique
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:10 am

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by Mystonique »

I wonder if Henry or his wives ever conceived of such a picture or whether any of them realised just how they would all be rememberd in history so well.

it's a lovely project.
Myst..
User avatar
dollystitcher
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Mar-18

Post by dollystitcher »

I did this one a few years ago and really enjoyed working on it, you can see it in my gallery. :) I think you are very wise to BS as you go, it nearly drove me daft as I did the BS all together at the end and there seemed to be so much of it :lol:
You have made a great start and I look forward to watching yu progress. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
alinna
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Apr-21

Post by alinna »

I'm really liking this project and have done a bit more - it's a bit slow going with doing the backstitch as I go, but yeah I agree - if I left it all until the end, it might never be finished! I'll start with Catherine of Aragon fairly soon once another set of leaves and flowers are finished.

Image
User avatar
gyork
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Dundee scotland

Re: DMC Henry VIII & Wives updated Apr-21

Post by gyork »

you are doing great, the backstitching is fab
Gillian


W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
Post Reply