Firefly's 'Serenity': Updated November 19

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Ketta
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: Oregon, US

Firefly's 'Serenity': Updated November 19

Post by Ketta »

I picked this up in the beginning of April, as I'd put it off for months. Instead of putting it down, I decided to keep going with it and I don't see myself stopping for some time. Here's the link to the UFO post, so you can see the image I used and what it should look like once I finish:

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... 3&start=80" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Following is a picture of my latest update. I apologize for the cat hair or fuzz you might see; black fabric is really awful about showing off any tiny particles sitting on it. It's also difficult to photograph, so please know that the base fabric is black, not grey! :) It's so embarrassing to show a shot of something and have hair on it, but believe me I tried three separate times to photograph it, and each time a new hair or two popped up.

I'm almost wanting to put up a betting pool for when this gets finished. A year? Two years? A decade (lol) from now? I keep thinking, hey, I'm making some progress! Then I compare it to the finished image, and reality sets in. :) I'm really enjoying working on it though!

Image
Last edited by Ketta on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Busy_B »

:applesauce: :applesauce: DH really liked this show. I'm happy that the main male lead is now in Castle on Mondays.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Looks good progress to me.

As long as you're enjoying it, that's the main thing and it's certainly looking great!
:applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: fabulous progress!! looking very nice :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: looking great. As far as I know cat hair is always part of a cross stitch project.

:lol: :lol:

Carole
Last edited by rcperryls on Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Ketta
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: Oregon, US

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Ketta »

So true! I little piece of my kitties is in every project.... :D
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Rose »

Lots of good progress!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Kylies_74
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Kylies_74 »

Great work, it's looking good.
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Carole »

It's looking great. I'm glad you've decided to start this one up again :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
gyork
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Dundee scotland

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by gyork »

it's amazing doesn't matter how long it takes it's great
Gillian


W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
User avatar
dollystitcher
Posts: 3550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by dollystitcher »

What an amazing design, I love it :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:applesauce: It's looking great! I'm glad to hear that it's no longer UFO status!
Faith
User avatar
Juel
Posts: 1674
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Juel »

Great to hear that you Ufo has landed in your stitching world again! Good luck with it :)
Looks fine up to now :applesauce:
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)


My Blog
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by tiffstitch »

So cool!! Looking forward to your progress.
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Fizzbw »

What a great design - I'm a big Firefly fan as well, though I really really want to stitch Galactica!

Will look forward to more progress!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by meerkat »

Great stitching..I'm another Firefly/Serenity and original/latest Battlestar Galactica fan. I love the sound tracks too.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
Ketta
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: Oregon, US

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': It's off UFO status!

Post by Ketta »

Hopefully you can see this update OK. Took the shot in full sunlight (go figure) and it came out dark. You can still see the updated areas, though. I'm still working out the 'photographing black fabrics' kinks, apparently! Either the flash causes too much glare and the washing out of colours, or the light is wonky outside.

Image
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': Updated June 21. Happy Summer!

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: great update!! Looking very nice!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Lili
Posts: 2322
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': Updated June 21. Happy Summer!

Post by Lili »

wow! so nice progress! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Blog
Happy Stitching,
Lili
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Firefly's 'Serenity': Updated June 21. Happy Summer!

Post by tiffstitch »

Looking great!! :applesauce:
Post Reply