Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Carole

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Carole »

I'm thinking I'll carry on with my old WIP thread rather than start a new one. It's nice to have it all in one place. It does need some updating though after my absence, so here goes.

I finished all the cottages and they're now hanging in my craft room. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

I've done very little stitching this year, but I did do three smallish projects in an attempt to find my mojo.
This one is part of a trio of coffee stitches by LHN. I'd already done one so was fairly confident that I'd enjoy doing this one.

It was nice to stitch, but my mojo was still in hiding. It was much later in the year before I tried again with a CCN design. I've got a few of her charts in my stash and I knew it would be an easy and fun stitch.

My mojo was now peeking out from where it had been hiding so I got out the Flower Sampler Book and joined a SAL with some of my blog friends. I've managed to do two more pages on it over the past couple of months.

Assisi

Hardanger

I'm now working on the drawn thread page. It's slow going, but I am making progress.

I also managed to do this as I was full of anticipation for the new Hobbit film and wanted to do something Tolkien related.

The design is by Wee Little Stitches and the border is my own, slightly wonky, design.

So that's me all caught up. Not much to show for a year but I'm hoping to have some more to post here soon :)

Thanks for looking. I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Your cottages and the 2 minis are gorgeous and lovely to see the cottages all together as well.

I :wub: the Assisi and Hardanger ones are both really gorgeous, good on you for tackling such a challenge.

The last sampler is so true and beautifully stitched too.

That is a fair bit of stitching in any year and especially in a time when your mojo was playing hide and seek with you. Well Done on some gorgeous finishes.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Rose

Post by Rose »

These are some fantastic projects!!!!!! They are all looking awesome!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Hope that your stitching mojo sticks around so we can see more!!!!!! :wink:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

They are very pretty. Well done. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Beautiful projects!!!! And well done in a year when your stitchy bug was out traveling the world or wherever stitchy bugs go when they disappear. I love the cottages and how you have them displayed is perfect! And your last sampler (I think the border is perfect) is lovely and would look good hanging in any hobbit hole. Saw the final version and loved it, even if there is a lot there that I don't think was in the book.(Have to reread the Hobbit. I pretty much know LOTRs by heart).
Are you working on something now? What is up next?

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely work, all of them, and what a lovely finish on your cottages - such a beautiful thing to look at in your craft room!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I'd like to see what you do when your mojo is back if that's without it!!

They look brilliant. I did the wee little stitches one, did it on a book cover for my sister and did all that glitters is not gold on the back, but I wish I'd thought of a border like yours!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Amazing projects! :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Carole

Post by Carole »

rcperryls wrote: And your last sampler (I think the border is perfect) is lovely and would look good hanging in any hobbit hole. Saw the final version and loved it, even if there is a lot there that I don't think was in the book.(Have to reread the Hobbit. I pretty much know LOTRs by heart).
Are you working on something now? What is up next?

Carole
:wub:
I saw the film too, on Thursday. Loved it! The book is very short so they added a lot to it in order to get it to three films. I believe that everything added was sourced from other Tolkien works though, such as The Silmarillion. I think they did a splendid job on all the films.

I'm currently working on the Flower Sampler book, but have had a mishap this afternoon. I was clicking round the forums, trying to catch up a bit, and I found a link, followed it and fell in love with a chart. I've already bought and printed it out, and have just ordered the materials from Sew and So. A bit naughty considering that if I just stitched the charts and kits that I already have, I'd never actually run out, but if the mojo wants, the mojo gets :P

Besides, it looks a bit like my fur baby. Link to it here
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: The way you've displayed those lovely cottages is Perfect! I love them! :wub:

The Hardanger........WOW so delicate and pretty!!

Everything in your SAL ...perfect...Welcome back indeed!!! :whoop: :whoop:
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I love the way you finished the cottages. What a great way to display them.
The other projects look just as beautiful. You have beautiful stitching technique.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

well, your mojo may have been hiding, but your talents certainly weren't.. Lovely work.
millymolly

Post by millymolly »

loads of lovely finishes! I love all the fabrics :wub:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »