Weedaisy SAL :)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Weedaisy

Weedaisy SAL :)

Post by Weedaisy »

So, I have LOVED watching everyone's projects (it's what prompted me to join the community), and thought I'd start my own post. I'm not as advanced as everyone here (which I'm ashamed to say, as I've cross stitched off and on for YEARS!). But, maybe this will help me grow.

So, I pulled my cross stitch stuff out of storage, and was fairly disappointed. I realized I had given away/thrown out a lot of stuff that I probably wanted to keep. On the positive side, that means I can buy new stuff that fits my current personality. Yay for shopping! :) I did, however, find two new baby projects, which was providential, as one of my friends is going to have a baby. I decided to finish one of the projects and put the other aside for future. I chose the mini-project as she is going to give birth soon, and I'm pretty slow.

So, below is what I'm going to make for my friend's baby:

Picture of project:

Current progress (I stitched the rabbit and the grass last night):
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Weedaisy SAL :)

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Oh dear, a reason to shop, how awful ;-) - and then it'll be Christmas soon as well, with people wanting to give you presents...

This is a lovely project, and isn't it wonderful that you'd kept this one and found it just when it was needed?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

That is pretty, you have made a good start. Look forward to seeing more as you go along. Lucky you found this when needed. I was an on-off stitcher for a about18 months but have been constantly stitching since joining this forum. Hope this forum gives you inspiration too as cross stitching is such a lovely hobby & I wish I had found it earlier. Did other needlecrafts many years ago but never counted cross stitch. I did do lot of knitting tho before this cross stitch fever hit me :lol:

Look forward to seeing what you buy & what you stitch. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
fccs

Post by fccs »

That's going to be really pretty, and you've made a great start on it. I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:( that you have to go shopping for stash, now don't get too carried away will you. It is also :( that you have lost various projects which now you wish you had. Still just think of the :lol: :whoop: to come with new charts and kits fabric and threads.

LOve your project and very providential that you still had it. Love the rabbit bit, he is a cutie :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Weedaisy

Post by Weedaisy »

Thanks! I've mourned my losses, and am now looking forward to new projects. :whoop: In fact, I spent today prepping for one that I'm going to make my daughter (Ariel and Erick - shh), then it's back to the one I've posted.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I had stitched for years before joining the forum and never realized how much I didn't know either. Amazing what I have learned in 4 years! I love the baby sampler you are stitching and am looking forward to your other project. And condolences on having to replace/replenish your stash :roll:. Be sure that you will receive as much support as you need (and more) from forum members in this endeavor.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I came here knowing there was something more, but didn't know what, or even how much I didn't know. Didn't really know enough to ask the correct questions either, despite being a stitcher since Jan 2011 and having completed a few moderate size projects.

After being here for around 18 months, I now think I have an idea on the magnitude of how much I have to learn, and now it's a matter of filling in the blank areas.

It has been an enlightening experience. Hope it's the same for you.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
seedreemer

Post by seedreemer »

Awww, you poor thing, you have to buy stuff. :wink: Great start on your friend's baby pattern too!
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

Lovely delightful project! Looks so much fun to stitch!
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Love the bunny :wub: you've made a great start looking forward to seeing more :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Buying new patterns and threads is the price we pay for stitching. But we are strong, and can cope.

( :king: :king: )
Weedaisy

Post by Weedaisy »

So, I'm trying this forum stuff again. With grad school and teaching and everything that has been going on, I keep being too tired to participate in forums beyond lurking.

So, onto cross stitch stuff. I'm working on the small version of Kincaid's Ariel kit. Here is where I'm at-I'm going slow, but every stitch gets me closer to the finish line. I tried grinding for the first time-I hope I didn't go overboard.

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

" no you didn't go over board" I always grid the whole area then I know where I am at. Beautiful stitching on a lovely design. I hope you can get more time to stitch too. :D :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

A good start, this will be very pretty when completed. I always grid whole area too. Look forward to seeing this gain soon :)

:rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Good start! :applesauce: I know it can be hard with grad school and all the other life activities, but when you can we love updates. I didn't stitch when I was in grad school, but crocheted and found that often even a 1/2 hour away from the books and papers would help clear my head so I could get back to studying!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

Weedaisy wrote:So, I'm trying this forum stuff again. With grad school and teaching and everything that has been going on, I keep being too tired to participate in forums beyond lurking.

So, onto cross stitch stuff. I'm working on the small version of Kincaid's Ariel kit. Here is where I'm at-I'm going slow, but every stitch gets me closer to the finish line. I tried grinding for the first time-I hope I didn't go overboard.

That is beautiful! I literally just bought this last night, and every picture you post will be an inspiration. REmeber it's not how long it takes to finish a project, but that you are enjoying it while you make it. :D
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
phoebefreckle

Post by phoebefreckle »

Looks great! Look forward to next update x
WIP:
Punky Fairy
Bothy Thread Alphabet
Shoe Tree
Max's Moon
Small fairy
Some knitting and crochet