Iris BOTH FRAMED

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Nicola Main

Re: Iris June 1st

Post by Nicola Main »

Is this the colour you're needing Linda?

I've found these two in my DMC stash that I don't need and could post to you if you want them? It would mean waiting a few days as I live in Scotland but if I posted them tomorrow I'm sure they would reach you by the end of next week (fingers crossed!) xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Call DMC. I checked my stash, and I have a bit of 209 that I am SURE was bought long before I got the master color book - and that has been at least 15 years. Just like you, my 209 is also much darker and much less pink than the 209 sample in the book. DMC is usually pretty consistent in their colors, so maybe they can tell you when the change was made and suggest an alternative. Those original colors are just so lovely, I wouldn't change the shades unless you absolutely have to. Please let us know what happens.
Last edited by DisneyStitcher on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I'm so sorry to hear about the different dye lots looking so different. I have had this happen once or twice before. I hope you are able to figure something out.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Oh no! It was coming along so well. I don't think I have any as old as that, otherwise I'd send you what I have in case it matches better.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Thank you ladies (Nicola and Daisy stitcher) for your offer. The colours you are showing is the one I now have, the sample on the master card is the one I just ran out of. So it looks like they changed their dye lot, and am stuck with the new shade'
The full bobbin is what I have and the threads on top is what I ran out of
Linda
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Awww how annoying! Yes you can see the original is more pinkish in colour. Hope you get something sorted it's so lovely xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Have you tried one of the other thread companies? Bring your sample to one of your local shops and see if Anchor or one of the other companies has a comparable shade. I so hope you can find something. Good luck!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Ah that's the problem, I don't have any shops near me at all. I have to rely on online shops. I'll figure it out.
Linda
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I've had that happen also. :x And I'm :oops: to say more than once since I rarely start with all new skeins for every project. And almost never check dye lots. I think there was only one time though that it was easy to spot and I think I just put the piece away to decide what to do and it is, I'm afraid it is still in the UFO pile. I remember spending a lot of time with Mr. :ribbit: on one. Hope yours will not require that. Maybe it will blend in. It is such a beautiful piece. If you do have to :anotherfrog:, meet me in the Stash & Grab when you are done with that and I'll get you a :tea: or :coffee: or :wine: or whatever you prefer!

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Their 554 has changed beyond all recognition as well :-(

Having said that, I think I may have one of the older pinkish 209s - I've certainly got an old 210. I'll go and have a look!

*scuttles off*
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mabel Figworthy

OK, this is interesting. I didn't have an old 210 but I do have an old 209 and 208. I photographed them together with the new ones under my daylight lamp with the camera white balance set to the white paper background. And the new ones are definitely pinker than the old ones.

I'm a bit confused as to which one it is you need, but if any of these are any good to you PM me and I'll send it to you. The old ones aren't full skeins, unfortunately, but there should be about a third at least.

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

This is confusing. Your old 209 looks like my new 209 and the new one looks like the one I need.. Here is the 209 I have with the old on top. 210 is beside that and next is the 208 (new) the I have.
Well are we all confused now? Lord this is funny but annoying at the same time.
Linda
Mabel Figworthy

Why don't I just send you both and you can see if either of them will work? Much easier to see "in the flesh" rather than on a computer screen! PM me your address and I'll get them off to you.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a right royal mess that makes of things Linda. Do let DMC know you are not happy with such a big change in dye lots - they should at least warn us that there is likely to be a change. I do hope one of those offered is what is needed. If not I will look in my 'old' box and see if I can come up with what is needed.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Why don't I just send you both and you can see if either of them will work? Much easier to see "in the flesh" rather than on a computer screen! PM me your address and I'll get them off to you.
Thank you Mabel. will PM you
Linda
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

You have done so well with this mauverne as real shame dye lots are different but wonderful Mabel can help you.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Doing the happy dance :whoop: :whoop: . Mabel saved me. She sent me two shades of the same number and the new one matched perfectly with the one metre of the colour in question. No frogging, :whoop: . Haven't stitched on it since the "incident" so now I can get back on track. Lets all hold hands and sing Mabel's praises. She's the best.
Linda
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Singing along with you. Good thing you can't hear me since I can't keep a tune, but am always willing to sing praises for our Mabel!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Yay for Mabel!!! I'm glad you were able to get the match. It's such a beautiful picture.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Hurray for Mabel. So glad you can now finish the project with the right colours.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262