Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Lulu22

Re: blossom & butterflies - calamity!!

Post by Lulu22 »

I am sorry you had to bin your lovely design, what a shame I hope you can start it again sometime, I hope Santa brings you something nice to replace it :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:doh: Drat and Bother were words you may have uttered!! Or maybe something stronger??? :wink: :lol:

A bit late now to give some advice...BUT I've found that stain remover on the stain BEFORE washing in cold water usually does the trick!

I'm sorry that you binned it! We shall all cheer you on when you decide to re-start!
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

thank you all. will remember stain remover on dry fabric first of all if any marks occur. Definitely will start it again sometime, probably towards end of next year. Have cherry blossom geisha chart from magazine by Joan Elliott to stitch so can do this kit after that. Think JE chart is called Oriental Lady, but as there is blossom in it I call it cherry blossom geisha. Colours are mauve & dark blue as well as pink - should turn out pretty when stitched.

Did not explain properly when I was upset - several unstitched areas in this blossom & butterflies design & of course, the mark would have been in one of those. It had faded enough that if it had been in a stitched area I could have worked over it & no one would have been any the wiser. But as only one quarter of way through & not three quarters of the way through, thought it best to just bin it & start again another time rather than trying again to get the mark out. There was only so much I could do before it may have affected the Aida; that would have made me more annoyed for not leaving well alone & starting chart again another time.

Thank you for all advice
Del