Helbel's WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Helbel's WIPs

by helbel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 am

I used to have threads for each one, but I think a fresh start is warranted.

I have three WIPs on the go, a TW Fantasy Sampler where all I have left to do is the backstitching and speciality stitches. I've been working on this one for nearly twenty years now.

https://flic.kr/p/22L819i

Second is Full Steam Ahead, a picture for my Dad, taken from Cross Stitch Collection Issue 202 (Nov 2011). I'm edging towards three quarters done.

Finally a HAED storykeep, Oriental Courage where I'm over half way.

Let me see if I can remember how to upload pics or links. Hmm. Everything is uploading upside down and I don't seem to be able to change it. I don't want to upload the train pic onto my Flickr as it's a secret.

Re: Helbel's WIPs

by rcperryls » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 pm

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Wonderful updates!! The TW sampler is beautiful! I stitched that one years ago and fell in love with everything TW. Yours looks perfect! And wonderful to see you again too!

Carole
:dance:
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Giraffe Silhouette
Leffet Papillon
mini Moonlight
Little Dreamers Tree
Others: I am My Beloved Sampler
2016 Finishes:
Hardanger Sampler
HAED Shiver Meow Timbers
BB8

by helbel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks!

I discovered yesterday as I was backstitching round the wing joint that there were about five dark green stitches, checked the chart - yes dark green, checked the picture - didn't look to be any green. Checked the TW site for errata, nothing listed, checked the Janlynn page but the kit is so old it's not featured. Then did a desperate google image search of the piece to try and work out what was right.

I think it probably has been changed to brown in later versions but I found enough pictures of kits with green to make it seem ok. Besides it's a dragon, and my dragon can have green on the wing if it needs to.

by Mabel Figworthy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Your dragon can have orange and purple spots on his wings if you want him to :-D ! Great to see him again.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Tree of Life leaf projects, Leaves
Designing
Come Rain Come Shine, Tree of Life

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's Fancies Facebook page