Imogen's 2020 Littles - Update Nov16

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

imogenX

Imogen's 2020 Littles - Update Nov16

Post by imogenX »

I know it's late in the year for a new thread. Until September, though, I'd been stitching exclusively on Mini Cinderella. I felt so lost after finishing her, and filled the time with these little guys. I've recently discovered FlossTube, and it's given my inspiration a jump-start, so I expect to have more non-HAED things to put here during the last two months of 2020.

I've finally moved back to my home state of Oregon, where we've voted by mail for decades. We always miss the stickers, though, so after mailing my ballot, I stitched this little version. Pattern is "I Voted" from SisterStitchersShop on Etsy.

"A Halloween Night" was a mystery stitch-a-long from Climbing Goat Designs. You can now buy the complete pattern on her Etsy shop. I replaced the charted "Happy Halloween" with "Eek" and some ghosts out of the 2020 Just Cross Stitch Halloween magazine (pattern Ghouls Eek, by Nancy Greenberg of Pickle Barrel Designs). My fabric said it's 18ct Rue Green cork linen, but it's a very uneven weave.

These guys are Mill Hill kits: "Moonlit Owl" and "Webster" from the Autumn Harvest Collection (MH18-2023, MH18-2021). Stitched with kitted materials, including the provided perforated paper. They came with a magnet, but I haven't decided how to finish them (and I'm terrible at actually finishing anything lol). They're so fun to stitch, though!

Next up is this adorable vintage pattern, which I plan to give to my baby niece:
Last edited by imogenX on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Imogen

Current WIPs
HAED SK Some Enchanted Evening
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Animal Alphabet SAL (Anna Gutova for Artmishka)
Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2021
Wonders of the Solar System SAL (Climbing Goat Designs)
Gnomes (Designs by Gloria & Pat)
Squirrel

Re: Imogen's 2020 Littles - October Finishes

Post by Squirrel »

You certainly have kept busy with your oh so cute little stitchery things. Well Done they are gorgeous :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Love the way you have just made these designs your own with special little tweaks. Looking forward to the gnomes. And FlossTube is well worth it.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

oooooooh the Kabouter! (the gnome - I grew up with this particular one, he is by a Dutch artist who wrote a whole book about them :-) )
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Those are all great. I should stitch an “I voted” design as we have been voting via mail/drop off for seven years and I miss my sticker. :-)

Where in Oregon are you? I had friends that used to live in Beaverton (but moved to Vancouver, WA) and my sister lives in Salem. Oregon is a beautiful state. Did you miss it?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Great little projects!!! What fun they must have been to do!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Adorable finishes and I love the one you are going to be stitching soon!! Very cute!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

imogenX

Re: Imogen's 2020 Littles - Update Nov16

Post by imogenX »

I have some frogging to do... I wasn't happy with how orange-y the hat looked in the middle, so I swapped it halfway up the cone. (It's photographing far more muted than it looks in person) Sounds like my sister prefers the original color, so we'll go back to that!
This linen is very thin, and I had more difficulty than usual keeping good tension in my Q-snaps. There's some warping happening - especially to the right of his legs - that I'm not thrilled about. I'm certainly no linen expert, but I've never had this issue before :thinks:
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:54 am oooooooh the Kabouter! (the gnome - I grew up with this particular one, he is by a Dutch artist who wrote a whole book about them :-) )
Yes! This pattern says it's inspired by the book. It actually has 4 cute little designs - I wish I could remember where I picked up this pamphlet. Sister loves gnomes and vintage "hippy" stuff, so it seems perfect for a baby gift :)
fccs wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm Where in Oregon are you? I had friends that used to live in Beaverton (but moved to Vancouver, WA) and my sister lives in Salem. Oregon is a beautiful state. Did you miss it?
I'm in the Portland area near Beaverton! I always miss the Pacific Northwest when I move away. The air and the trees are just special.
-Imogen

Current WIPs
HAED SK Some Enchanted Evening
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Animal Alphabet SAL (Anna Gutova for Artmishka)
Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2021
Wonders of the Solar System SAL (Climbing Goat Designs)
Gnomes (Designs by Gloria & Pat)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Looks like his hat is giving you more than the usual problems - I hope it is now done to your sister's satisfaction :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Oh he certainly is a very cute Gnome (kaboouter),I hope the linen behaves itself for you from now on.

**wonders what the Gnome is looking at**

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: He is adorable!! Beautiful job of stitching despite the problems you had. I also don't stitch often on linen, but it always looks so special I think when I do, that it is worth the extra added care.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Wise Owl

Post by Wise Owl »

That’s going to be a lovely piece when finished, it’s so cute! Your sister will be so pleased
🦉
WIP:
The Great Wave 🌊 - DMC British Museum
Christmas Stitch-a-long - Cross Stitcher magazine Part 2
2020 Complete:
Baby balloon- DMC
Thank you Floral card - The World of Cross Stitching Sep 2017
Yellow rose - Hobbycraft
Legend of the sea