My SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Rose

My SAL

Post by Rose »

As soon as I get rid of my Hubby I am going to try to get my SAL all sorted out and moving. I hope to have something to post in a couple days. But have to clean house before leaving this week-end and I have promised the neighbor down at work I would help her with her annual open house Saturday.

Is there going to be a day to post up-dates like Monday when you get up or Wednesday before bed or something like that? Just so I know what to do and can follow the leads directions.

Racheal are you our "Fearless Leader" for the SAL's?

OHHH that sounds bad. I mean get him on the plane not off him. :twisted:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

:lol: :lol: Hahaha! We know what you meant Rose!!

I'm the same I have a bit to do with the shopping, and a few other bits, but I'm gonig to have to get my SAL going by the weekend also.

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
raelou

Post by raelou »

NO I'm not the leader just someone to enable you and give you a boot up the jacksy!!!
crossstitchpro

my sal

Post by crossstitchpro »

I've started a large piece (large for me anyway) and will post some pic of it as soon. Probably early next week.
It' a present for my hubby for Christmas. This SAL will keep me working steady on it.

Lori
www.crossstitchpro.com
Hundreds of Patterns to Download.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I don't know if you can really see it very well but the diamond shapes are not symmetric. And inside each one of these I am suppose to put in a cross. It probably is just me being picky as looking at it in the picture it looks ok but in person it seems to not want to lay right. I may work a bit more of it and see what happens and then decide if it is a lost cause I just hate to put a lot of workinto it and then have to frog it and start over.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If you are working on a frame or a roller, make sure that it is mounted absolutely symmetrically. This will take care of any little 'pull' on the fabric in case it isn't mounted squarely.

You might also find that once the pattern is complete, the asymmetry you see will disappear.

All blackwork seems to have a bit of, well, character and not be absolutely 'perfect'. I think this looks good, and the blue on blue works well.
mags

Post by mags »

Hi Rose

What thread are you using - it looks a little thick to me. I generally use one strand of floss for patterns and two for outlining.

mags :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Good point. I assumed the crosses inside the diamonds were to be in a single strand?
Rose

Post by Rose »

The thread I am using is a silk.

The pattern calls for this part to be done in two strands and the crosses and some of the other design to be done in one strand. I have tried it both ways with the same result. I think I am just being way to picky with this as it is a present for my son.

I haven't heard from him for about 3 weeks and that is very hard to deal with but he always says no news is good news and I knew he was going to be in an area that doesn't have any communication. So I think that is also part of the problem.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

I think it looks alright Rose, I think that once it all fills up, you won't notice, particularly as you will be putting crosses inside the diamonds. The blue on blue does look really good. I'd stick with it.

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have set the blackwork aside I can't decide with it and it was driving me crazy. (As Dh would say that's not a drive just a short putt)

Anyway I am back to christmas presents. The book raelou sent me of the ballet shoes is very handy I am using it now. I will have to take some pictures but the battery on my camera is still giving me fits. I will try to get some today.
Rose

Post by Rose »

This is the piece I am working on now. It will be a card/ornament when finished. This is worked on perforated paper so have to be very careful not to tear or bend the paper.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I was able to find some time to stitch yesterday and this is were I am now. Looking pretty good.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

You're right it is looking great! That must be a bit nervewracking stitching with paper! Who is this card/ornament for?

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

I haven't decided who will get this one. I have 2 friends that it would work for but can't decide which one is going to get it.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ive never tried to stitch on paper..id wreck it!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Collette

Post by Collette »

It's looking good Rose, I wouldn't DARE to stitch on paper, it would be in tatters time id finished, well done :applesauce:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well it is like this I wasn't really thinking of working with paper but it is something I have had in my stash for forever and I thought why not use it up. It was given to me by someone a long time ago. It is different and you have to be carefull of the pattern as fraction stitches aer obviously limited.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Here is a picture of where I am with this current card. Haven't work with it much these last few days.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

I've read about working on paper in the mags, but have never tried it myself. Looking good, Rose.