My SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Collette wrote:It's looking good Rose, I wouldn't DARE to stitch on paper, it would be in tatters time id finished, well done :applesauce:
I have never dared paper either! Shredded Designs aren't my idea of a good result!! :shock:
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Looks great Rose!

Everyone I've asked about the paper says how easy it tears, so you must have a very steady hand. :applesauce:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
*Jess*

Post by *Jess* »

Cross stitch on paper? :shock: First time Ive heard of that. Must need alot of patience to stitch, looks great though!
"Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Well Done Rose!! It's a credit to your steady hand, what with the week you've had and not a tear in site, it's looking lovely. Have you decided who it's going to yet?

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

Since I have been home I have not touched the silly thing. I have been so busy at work and just come home and pass out. We were suppose to have a week off to catch up oon some stuff and get reorganized but when we got home there was a plane sitting at the door needing attention as there is a big event next week-end in Ohio that he is attending so it was jump into the frying pan right off. And yesterday we got a call for an emergency fix on another plane. I don't think we are going to get our week off until after the new year.

I have to get it finished and look it over before I can decide who is going to get it.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Sorry things are so hectic for you at the moment, if you've not had time for stitching, maybe you could have a nice soak in the bath with a glass or two of something you fancy. Everyone needs a bit of me time.

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

Here is a picture of the current project. ImageI wasn't going to do the backstitching until the very end. But I went looking and I discovered I was missing 3852. I was so sutre I had every single color. Well I went to the stores and can you believe that not a single store(Michael's, Wal-mart, or Jo-anns had the color. So I had to order it and of course it took forever for it to get here. I just got it today, I also ordered the Christmas thread I need to finish my son's present. So now I can get both of these finished and move on.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

That's really cute, Rose. I'm sure whoever gets the card will love it.
Collette

Post by Collette »

Aaaaw, very cute!!
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Awwww so cute, well done.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thanks everyone I am having lots of fun stitching him. The paper needs extra care but I seem to be ok with it at the moment.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Since I finished the stitching and it is all ready to go into it's card I decided that it is no longer a SAL and I put the picture into my gallery.

Now I have to decide what I am going to work on next.
Decisions
Decisions??????????
Collette

Post by Collette »

I took a look, very cute, I love his little rosy cheeks! Well done :applesauce:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I decided to do the cat freebie kit that I found in the last Chart Swap. It is really cute has a cat hanging on a wreath and all you stitch is the face and feet and then past it to the paper they sent with the kit. The problem is everything is there except for the chart. They give you thread, needle, cloth and what they call festive mount. Now the package was still sealed so I know the chart didn't accidentally fall out. So I guess when they give the free kits with a book you have to keep it as the chart is in the book or mag. :evil: What I have had to do is look at thepicture in the kit front and try to determine from that what stitches go where and what the count is and so on. It gets a bit hair sometimes because 2 of the colors are pretty close but I am getting along. It says on the front stitch in one night. Yeah right :roll: maybe with the chart but not with the way I am having to do it. Oh and if you get one of these free kits throw the needle away right away. This ones needle had the end cut of square and not smooth at all so the first time I tried to put it through the fabric it caught and snagged it.

So girls FYI free kits that come with mags need the mags to complete them unless it states right in it that the chart is in the kit.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

:oops: :oops: :shifty: Oops!! That was me, not putting in the pattern, sorry, didn't think of that. I'll have a look for the pattern and send it to you if you like. I think I've already got your address, but I'm skint til Tuesday, so I hope it's not too long for you, you stitch really speedily!!

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

No don't worry about the pattern The picture that came with it is good enough to stitch by and I am more then half way done. It would have been different if there were more colors but I have muddled through.

I was just trying to let you all know to check the kit before sending it off somewhere as it might turn into a problem for someone.

Don't worry I am good with what I have.
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Ok, that's a good reminder actually, I hadn't thought about that. I'm glad you're managing any way.

My WIP's
Flower Set - 2 to go
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hopefully tomorrow after work I will be able to gather all the materials needed and I can start on the flamingo. I can't wait. I was going to do a couple coasters but I have the book now and I want to do it right away.

Should be fun.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well it took a few more days to get things together and time to sit down and stitch. Yesterday I did get the time and this is were I am.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I keep forgetting to take a new picture but I am working on him and hope to be done over the week-end. HA Well I did say hope. :roll: