My newest project with Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh
This design is pretty much sold on every site! But I decided to use my PC Stitch and chart it up myself. My husband has a certain place he wants it and the size needed to be precise. I also wanted it to be a bit lighter, and not so dark looking.
I'm now going to stitch it on 18 ct antique white Aida fabric. It's going to be 33x 26.33 inches!
Faith
Last edited by Nachstenliebe on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Wow.. I look forward to watching this one develop. Do you know how you will translate all the swirly brush strokes and changes in direction into your stitching?
You're right that this pattern can be found anywhere. I have it on several wish lists I just can't decide where I want to get it from. It will be interesting to see how it stitches up since you're doing it lighter.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
Ooh I have a print of this on my wall, will be great to see how it stitches up
Probably best to design your own charting of it, then you can decide how many colours you want etc. I wouldn't know which site to get it from if I was buying it!
Spring Palette 15950/170800 9.33%
Sapphire Birthstone 15120/240000 6.30%
Ari 8840/157850 5.60%
Spring Luna 7840/46620 16.81%
RAE 600/48840 1.22%
Sadness of an angel /118800 0.00%
Nellie / 0.00%
I love this painting. Can't wait to see what you come up with
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
Anyone who dares to utter, in a distinct Scottish accent, to another person with a distinct Scottish accent, the line "your accent -- are you from Holland too?" deserves to be pelted with Dutch clove cheese!
(It's all right, I did get the joke -- it was a good way out of a rather silly situation )
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Finally! I have completed a page! This was put on the wayside for Angel of the Sea. I barely had a few stitches in before that... I quite like it now that's it's getting colder... it's so huge it's like a mini blanket!
The picture had a border, which I kept because I thought it would make the design looked a bit aged... It looks weird up close but from far away it gives the look I wanted....
I've got a looooong way to go...
Faith