Birthday Present

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Birthday Present

Post by Rose »

What do you think of my newest ideas for a Birthday present. I saw the idea on a you tube and decided that it would be a great gift.

What you do is get a clear glass plate, either square or round. You then use decoupage to glue the fabric of your choice to the bottom side of the plate. Once you get all of the bubbles and creases out of the fabric and trim the edges right up to the very edge of the plate you put a final coat of decoupage glue over the back of the fabric and waa-laa you have a beautiful serving plate as a gift. I made 3 as a gift for a dear friends birthday.
Small
Medium
Large

You can not tell very well but the medium plate is a mottled very light purple fabric and the "Happy Birthday" I wrote on it in a purple fabric pen.

Then as another gift, I bought a ceramic heart from Micheal's while looking for the plates. You were suppose to paint it or cover it with a decal or something. I just did the same thing with the heart that I did with the plates and I decoupaged fabric on to the heart and then added some cute scrapebooking stickers on top and again waa-laa another cute gift.

And finally because I thought it was sweet I bought this battery operated candle.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ladymyste65

Re: Birthday Present

Post by Ladymyste65 »

Great projects Rose!
Debbie
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Great presents Rose! You have always such nice ideas :applesauce: :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: How beautifully creative these are! I wouldn't have thought of this besides actually doing it! You have some very fortunate friends! I think I have to see if my Michael's has that candle. I love candles but never light them because I know it would be a real disaster in my house. I'm assuming it isn't a real flame??

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: How beautifully creative these are! I wouldn't have thought of this besides actually doing it! You have some very fortunate friends! I think I have to see if my Michael's has that candle. I love candles but never light them because I know it would be a real disaster in my house. I'm assuming it isn't a real flame??

Carole
I actually got the candle at Bed,Bath and Beyond and it was a clearance item. But you are right that is does not have a flame. They had all kinds of the flameless candles.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh, I love the plates!

No no no...you don't need more projects! But they'd be so nice as gifts...stop it...get back to your stitching. (I often have conversations like this with myself...)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Rose

Post by Rose »

But they are so easy and fast. I made these in about 2 hours last night. They are so fun and quick. :wink:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Brilliant projects, Rose!!!!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Great ideas! YouTube is great for inspiration at times. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Phynix

Post by Phynix »

Those are so amazingly adorable. AWWW! I would love to get something like that for my birthday! I hope your friend LOVED them!
Phynix,
The Gypsy Tigress
-Willing to trade ATC's with anyone, Please PM me for a list of ones I have to pick from, or to discuss a theme to trade under.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :D Rose, your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Just :wub: those plates and so simple but oh so beautiful. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Rose

Post by Rose »

Phynix wrote:Those are so amazingly adorable. AWWW! I would love to get something like that for my birthday! I hope your friend LOVED them!

Not sure yet her birthday party is next weekend,,, :( I am a bit sad I will be away at my stitching retreat so hubby and son are going in my place. I wish I could be there but I will be having so much fun with all the stitching, so I will be fine with having hubby deliver the present.
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

Rose wrote:
rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: How beautifully creative these are! I wouldn't have thought of this besides actually doing it! You have some very fortunate friends! I think I have to see if my Michael's has that candle. I love candles but never light them because I know it would be a real disaster in my house. I'm assuming it isn't a real flame??

Carole
I actually got the candle at Bed,Bath and Beyond and it was a clearance item. But you are right that is does not have a flame. They had all kinds of the flameless candles.
Just don't expect to "burn" it much. I got one at Christmas and it didn't last long at all.