Wanted Bagpuss

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

julie

Wanted Bagpuss

Post by julie »

Hi I am looking for any Bagpuss charts that might be out there.Can anyone help.Julie
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

I have got one but it is loaned to someone else at the moment but you are more than welcome to have it once they have finshed but it is a photocopied copy if thats ok. You will have to let me know. Allie
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

I have found another pattern with Bagpuss on and I can scan it and send it to you if you want tonight. If you pm me i can then send it to you
julie

Re Bagpuss charts

Post by julie »

Hi Allie,thanks for your offers I would appreciate the offer of the charts Thank you Julie
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Shall I jump in here first, Rose?

First: Hi ladies, and welcome, Julie, to the forum.

Second: Please, please don't be sending around copies of charts which are not your own design. It breaks copyright laws on at least two continents, and it could even transpire that our forum is shut down if we seem to be condoning this illegal behaviour. There are several threads covering this tricky problem. I'm sure you just didn't realise. Please look up the threads.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thanks Serinde.

Yes ladies we nust be ever so careful of copyright laws. This can cause all sorts of problems from as simple as a reprimand to as serious as a law suit. We want designers to continue to make us all sorts of patterns so we must respect there ownership.

I am sure you had no idea that this was a violation but we must all be ever vigilant in our quest to help one another.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

I got both my patterns form the cross stitch magazine so would be be advisible to send them on our not
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If you send the entire magazine, then the answer is yes.

What you can't do is take a photocopy to keep for yourself if you give the whole magazine away. (It is not illegal to take a photocopy for your own use while you still own the magazine it came from.)

I guess it comes down to this: you own the magazine you bought, so you can give it away, recycle it or put it on your shelves with the rest of your collection. However, you don't own the designs in the magazine, so you don't have the right to distribute them separately.

I'm sure it's much more complicated than this. The whole area of copyright is a minefield, clearly: lawyers have been putting their children into private schools on the proceeds! :roll:
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

I dont have the whole magazine casue i onlly take the patterns out of it what i want then i recycle the rest of it so i dontknow what to do now im sorry now for saying that i had a pattern cause i didnt know it would cause all this troub;e
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Actually, your situation makes it easier. You photocopied your personal copy for your own use. That's fine. However, what is illegal is to send the copy to another person.

:) I know what you mean about wishing you'd just not said anything. Nevertheless, you now know the situation.

There seem to be quite a few Bagpuss charts and kits out there, I've noticed, on eBay.
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

Sorry Julie I am not going to send it cause I don't want to get into trouble over it I am so sorry about it I hope I havent upset you. If I knew the situation before I never would have said anything
Rose

Post by Rose »

I know how you feel when I first started on these boards I had asked for a pattern the person sent me a copy and innocently sent her a thank you for the copy. I got a very nasty pm from one of the board moderators and then another from the Board owner. Not this forum. Anyway I was ban from using their board ever again. I tried to tell them that it was a mistake I didn't know how touchy the rules were and that the pattern had been sent by one of their long term members so I had though if it was wrong then the other member should have told me. All I got was you should have read the rules and you are still ban.

I have sence destroyed the pattern but boy did I feel terrible. :oops:
julie

bagpuss

Post by julie »

Hi there,its alright about Bagpuss don't feel bad ,you were only doing me a favour.At least I know for the future.Thanks anyway.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

julie and wickidwitch, don't you both go slinking off, either! You are part of the gang, now! :D
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Yep! You sure are!! I didn't know about all this stuff either before I joined the forum, I thought that it was ok to keep a copy for myself, if I'd bought it, but I now know otherwise too.

Thankfully this forum is a ray of light on many subjects!!!

I do think, Rose you were made a bit of a scapegoat on that other forum... how rude. :evil:

Glad you've found your niche here, where would we be without you?!! :wink: :wub: :angel: :lol: :lol:

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

Don't worry I wont be going anywhere
Rose

Post by Rose »

Glad to hear that we didn't scare you. We want all of our stitchers to join in and make this a site for anyone to come and ask questions and have a bit of fun. :P

If you haven't noticed we a just a bit of a clowning bunch.
wickidwitch

Post by wickidwitch »

Yeah I have noticed and I like a laugh as well and I know now what I cant send and what I can t lol