Question??

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Question??

Post by wendywombat »

Now I know only too well that we do not have spammers or chart copies on this Forum so I wondered if we would be allowed to say that I have some magazines that are 'up for grabs'

I have a stack of very early Cross Stitch magazines that I have not looked at for ages, cannot remember what is in them so I can't need them any longer, can I? :)

I do not have an ebay account (nor want one) so I would be willing to pass them on for the cost of postage.

All are originals, good condition, no copies.

Before I go further with this, I need to know if this is an option on this site. I am not out to make profit, only Space!!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You may need to actually attach a nominal price to them, so you can be said to be 'selling'. 5p for example. Rose will probably have a better idea. Or Alex, come to that.
Rose

Post by Rose »

As far as I know if you want to give them away for the cost of shipping them then that is fine. I did the same thing with extra thread I had and also some extra cloth as I would have never used it and I wanted to have it put to good use. It would be no different then the chart swapin my mind or giving them to a neighbor.

Having said all of that the final authority would be Alex and a quick pm would be the best way to ask him.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

I have no objection at all to you getting rid of your magazines here. The Forum policy is to eliminate 'profit-making' posts. The reason behind this is to keep the content of the site to a high standard. If readers were looking for products/services, they would Google them. Covering your postage costs is perfectly acceptable.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ohhh i'd be interested!!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

alex wrote:I have no objection at all to you getting rid of your magazines here. The Forum policy is to eliminate 'profit-making' posts. The reason behind this is to keep the content of the site to a high standard. If readers were looking for products/services, they would Google them. Covering your postage costs is perfectly acceptable.
Thanks Alex for your helpful reply. As I said I am not out to make 'sales' or profit, only space which is why I made the query before doing anything else.

I have early copies of 2 UK cross stitch magazines taking up space. They are;

Cross Stitcher nos 1-25, 27,29,32, 35, 36, 49-54, 60-62.

Cross Stitch Collection nos. 1-14, 16, 26, 27, 29, 36

If any one wants any of them, P/M me. I want no payment for them but would like a contribution to postage and package, please. I have a Pay pal account.