WIP - Why so many?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crazycat

Re: WIP - Why so many?

Post by crazycat »

if you look in my craft room everything in there has been accumilated for my retirement since September :oops: . think its time to lift the chart and kit ban after seeing kimkats. im getting worried at the rate in which it has snowballed.
http://stitchycorner.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wip
Celtic fairy
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

crazycat wrote: im getting worried at the rate in which it has snowballed.
No you're not!! Be honest, you're delighted!!
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I was another "one thing at a time person" at one time. But when I so large things I like to take a break from the smae thing so I do some small things that are quick to finish, It gives me a boost to know that I will eventrually finish the large one.
Linda
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

The same as the others....I used to xstitch 1 project at a time....currently, I have 2 large projects on the go and small in-between ones to keep me on the go. :dance:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

My problem is more about something else catching my braincells and luring me away. I tend to work on bigger or more complicated projects so I need a break from them. Last year though I made a resolution to finish several of them and get down to only two complicated pieces and I've promised myself to finish Christmas Elegance in the short order. I did start working on Tropical Heart for my Mom and Step Dad when he was diagnosed with lung cancer (it goes with the Christmas Heart I sent them at Christmas) but it's a quick project so it doesn't really count.

There are just so many cute and lovely patterns and threads and fabrics out there and everything reminds me of something so I want to do it. Add in there the beading projects and the lacemaking and it does get to be a bit much at times.
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart
Violet

Post by Violet »

Ok girls.... I think I get it. You're either a one-at-a-time kinda girl or not.... I have just had a really funny thought.....
My best friend is also a cross stitcher AND quilter AND scrapbooker (you get the picture) She often has multiple projects on the go. What made me laugh to myself just now (in an empty room I might add - which is a little kooky) is that she is onto her THIRD Husband!............ and guess what???? yep!

I have stuck with my one and only for 30 years!!!!

PLEASE - don't take this the wrong way (I am really laughing now!) :D :D :D
This really only just occured to me - I can't wait to call her tomorrow and tell her about my insight! (It's 11.30pm here - bit late even for best friends)

I guess I just might be a One-at-a-time gal! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vi believes... happiness is a finished project!
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Yes but the question remains.....are husbands ever complete?
WIP:
Mirabilia Christmas Elegance
Keeshond
Tropical Heart
Violet

Post by Violet »

LOL Lacemaker! No - I have to admit... even after 30 years he's still a WIP! :applesauce:
Vi believes... happiness is a finished project!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

In view of the number of WIPs I've got on the go, I'd better not show this to my husband....
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mags

Post by mags »

Mine is definitely in the UFO category :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
agi

Post by agi »

Well, another question: when you finish with them, do you frame them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
mags

Post by mags »

@rotfl:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

You lot are really BAD, do not think that I should be seen to be associating with you as I am as pure as driven snow. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance:

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well my problem comes from the fact that I like to give my projects as gifts so I will start one and then realize that a birthday or Christmas present needs to be finished first. I also have the quilt for my daughter on the go and that is a long term project so I need to start and finish others in between all of the angels. I have told myself that I have to stop this and finish the quilt and I do well for a while and then here comes Christmas and poor little angel is set off to the side. Or we start a swap or charity stitch here on the forum and they look so fun I can't help but join in. I am weak I can't resist a stitching challenge. :oops:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
oh-sew-sarah

Post by oh-sew-sarah »

Hahaha... I see a chart or kit that I fall in love with and start it and really enjoy it, then a while later I'll see another chart or kit that I fall in love with and start that instead and it carries on like that in a vicious circle. Cross stitching for me is a bit like saying no to chocolate - it requires willpower that I just don't have!! I'll get all my UFO's finished at some point tho - honest!
nettie

Post by nettie »

I am the same as Sarah (Oh Sew) I see a pattern love it and start it then a few months later I see another and start all over again!

However contrary to all the others the forum is having a positive affect on my stitching as I have gathered all my stash into a couple of places that are easy to reach I am also organizing it so that I can easily find what I want or browse through as necessary. Also I have made a list of all my WIPs, UFOs and projects not yet started. I am making a real effort to try and clear up all my WIPs and UFOs before starting new projects. This is all down to coming on here as with doing an SAL it really encourages me to work on a project for all the lovely addicts on here as well as for me!

Although I may break my rule once the two baby samplers i am doing are finished as my HAED quick stitch has arrived and I am itching to start it!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Most of my stash is now organised so I know where it is and I can fairly easily get at it, which is nice but fatal becuase it's so easy to start yet another project :-). And like others I get side-tracked by new designs that suddenly pop up on my radar -- I am now seriously considering doing the Papillon Garden Sampler before the Ink Circles Carpet Page (faithless, that's me :-))!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

mabel im shocked but not totally suprised. since joining this forum i have yet to complete a large piece. i have two abondened ufo that will probably stay that way. finished plenty of little stuff tho :oops: honest.
http://stitchycorner.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wip
Celtic fairy
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: got to love u all, u really do crack me up!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :lol: :lol: :lol:
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I used to start with one project and finished it but lately with so many charts and SAL, RRs and exchanges, I find myself on a rotation to catch up with all of my WIPs, UFO, etc..... I think I am being a startis....start a project and see another one and start on it too, etc.... I have so many that it isn't funny. My DH tells me that I need to go on a stash diet. LOL

socialsue :D