Jane Greenoffs cross stitch designer cd rom

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

julie

Jane Greenoffs cross stitch designer cd rom

Post by julie »

Hi I was interested in buying this cd and wanted to know if anyone would recommend it.
mags

Post by mags »

Hi Julie

I have got it but have only done simple stuff on it - so I'm not really the person to ask. I think there are quite a few different ones on the market. PC Stitch seems fairly popular but again I don't know a lot about it.

Hope someone else can help.

mags :)
julie

jane greenoff

Post by julie »

Hi I have seen PC Stitch but I only wanted it to convert a few photos (wedding and all the kids) and I found Jane Greenoff for £5.00 which seems a bargain as I don't think I will use it much.Thanks anyway Julie
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I have the Jane Greenoff CD. Yes it's OK. I have played with free downloads of others and I found it better than some. ALSO my friend in the Cotswolds gave it to me as a gift some while back so I stopped looking after that! :wink: :wink: I have designed a few small things on it but I am not very artistic. I prefer to spend my time stitching. :roll:
lacemaker2004

I've got Jane's CD

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi, I just recently joined Jane's webgroup as I was looking for information on more advanced stitching. I purchased the software as part of the initial signup and have been very impressed with my surfing through it. I haven't done any design yet with it. I have been using digistitch and this one seems a bit more sophisticated. I did do free downloads for testing some of the others like PC stitch and felt digistitch was much better. Jane's overall seemed much better overall.
Alyson
julie

jane greenoff's cd

Post by julie »

Hi Alyson,I think I will try this software as no one has anything bad to say about it.I won't be using it alot so for the very reasonable price,I think it will be suitable for me.I have lots of projects waiting to start so I think it will be awhile before I can play with this properly :) Julie
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Don't forget to let us know how you get on.
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

I have it but like Wendy I've only ever done small designs on it. Hope you get on well with it.
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
lacemaker2004

Re: jane greenoff's cd

Post by lacemaker2004 »

julie wrote:Hi Alyson,I think I will try this software as no one has anything bad to say about it.I won't be using it alot so for the very reasonable price,I think it will be suitable for me.I have lots of projects waiting to start so I think it will be awhile before I can play with this properly :) Julie
Good luck and let me know what you learn about the program. It really seems inclusive and easy to use.
Alyson
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have the PC Stitch Pro and I got it after many years of PC stitch 6 I bought the first one while doing the designs for mom's quilt. I didn't think I would use it very much but it has been one of my most useful stitching tools.

I have no knowledge of the software you are looking at so I don't know how it would compare. I just know I love my PC Stitch
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

I've had the Jane Greenoff one for a while and have used it to convert quite a few photos on, all of which i'm yet to stitch as they're fairly large and complex. I'm more 'old-school' and do my designing by hand - a bit of an effort but when inspiration strikes and I'm without my computer it's a godsend :)
Emma