my work keeps going saggy on my roll frame!!!!!

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stitched up

my work keeps going saggy on my roll frame!!!!!

Post by stitched up »

i have stitched the ends of aida on to fabric as the frame was slightly too big but i have found that when i stitch i have to keep pulling the aida tight as it keeps losing tension!!!!!!!! Please help as it is driving me mad. The frame i have got is an elbesse clip. I dont want to use a hoop as i am working on a quite a large piece.
raelou

Post by raelou »

I can't help ,but I'm sure someone on here can,I hope you get it sorted
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

That's why I use a Qsnap. Sorry I can't help either. Rose might be able to help you.
Linda
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

It's possible that the fabric you have used is thinner than the aida and so the clip isn't as tight as it would otherwise be. I wonder if a separate piece of fabric put around the roller, before you put the aida/fabric and the clip on, or between the aida/fabric and the clip, would help - to stop your work slipping. Might be worth a try. It may be necessary to fix the fabric to the rod with tape, to prevent the fabric itself slipping. The aida/fabric would then be on the separate fabric, which would increase the thickness on the rod and hence the tightness of the clip.

Hope this helps somewhat. Let us know how you get on. :D
stitched up

Post by stitched up »

THANKS genevive, you are right my fabric is thinner than my aida i didnt think that mattered!!! well it must do. Thanks for the advice i'll give it a go and def let you know.
Thanks again stitched up.
pebbles

Post by pebbles »

Spot on Genevieve, I use an Elbesee clip frame too and have had that problem before :) should be fine for you now :)
Emma