thread help

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rubyviolet

thread help

Post by rubyviolet »

i have the above picture in a crewel kit that i am about 2 hours worth of work away from finishing. i ran out of thread in the kit (the first time that's happened) and i can't find the thread anywhere to finish it. it's persian wool yarn, and it's a dimensions kit. i hate to throw it away after being so close to finishing it. i was wondering if anyone would know where i could find the correct yarn to finish it? i've looked just about everywhere. i'm even willing just to buy another kit, but i can't find those either. any ideas would really, really help.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Do you have a LNS anywhere in the area? If so they should be able to find the correct floss for you to finish the kit. If not have you tried contacting the Dimesions site directly? I was in the middle of a project and lost the key code. I wrote to the designer and they sent me a new code so I was able to finish the project. I had to be very persistant and write to them once a week for about 2 months but it was worth it to get to finish the pattern.

I really hope you are able to find the floss to finish it is a wonderful pattern.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

I agree with rose. Try contacting dimensions directly as I have a gold dimensions kit that had a little flyer in it saying that if you run out of thread during while in the process of completing the kit, they'll send you out some more.

Good luck.
rubyviolet

Post by rubyviolet »

thanks! i'll try that. i was wondering if dimensions did that, but since the kit is from the 1980s, i wasn't sure if they would still provide the yarn, but i'll give it a shot! thanks :D
Becca

Post by Becca »

Even if they are no longer able to provide the exact thread, i'm sure they could tell you which is the closest match.
Click the banner above to visit us at Crafts 'n' Creatures!

And my blog which is full of all my stitching
rubyviolet

Post by rubyviolet »

well i sent a request for thread through their website 2-4 days ago, and when i sent the request in they said i would get something in the mail in 7 or so days. i really hope the "something" is the thread i need.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i hope they send you what you need also!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Oh that's good, I hope it's the thread you need... fingers crossed. :wink: :lol:

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
rubyviolet

Post by rubyviolet »

i got my thread yesterday!!!!!

yay! i've been waiting for about 2 years to finish this project and now i can! thanks guys!
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am so glad they were able to supply the thread. You will have to let us see when you are finished we will have a party for your finish. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror