Stashmas 2009!

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kute Kitty

Stashmas 2009!

Post by Kute Kitty »

For those members who weren't around to see it last year, we started a tradition of "secret stashmas" - a kind of secret santa but not actually related to Christmas or anything religious. I'd like to volunteer to organise Stashmas again for this year (assuming people are still interested in doing it obviously) but would like to ask for a volunteer to help me run it - it's so much fun if no-one knows who they will be receiving a gift from!

If you want to read up on the history of Stashmas, this is the thread which features the first ever mention of Secret Stashmas.

This year, I would like to nominate 1st December as "stashmas day" - that is, the date by which we endeavour to have all gifts with the people who will receive them. I'll get a sign-up thread started (for last year's sign-up thread, giving you an idea of how things might go, look here) and sign-up will be open for the entire month of September. Me and my co-organiser will then try to get the list separated into two halves (they sorting the half with my name on, me sorting the half with their name on) and names of senders and receivers matched up by the middle of October. Everyone who has signed up will get a PM telling them who they will be sending to, and asking for their address. When your organiser has the address of the person you'll be sending to, they'll send it to you. If you have any problems that will mean you can't send things out, or can't send them out in the timescale you'd hoped to, I'd really appreciate if you'd contact your organiser to say so, as it isn't fair to leave your receiver hanging on!

The price limit we sent last year was £10, which according to google is abour $16 US, which still seems a reasonable amount to me, and we also all sent a personal item with our gifts - something representing the sender, or their country, etc. Personal items last year included local calendars, snowmen for snowman lovers, stitched gifts...all sorts :) You can have a look for yourself here if you'd like!

I'm fairly sure much of this has made sense to me but won't to anyone else, so please let me know what you would like clarification on! And if you would like to help organise all of this, shout up!
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

kerbear879

Re: Stashmas 2009!

Post by kerbear879 »

Are you serious..it's that time again already!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
kell

Post by kell »

I'd love to help out if you're after a Stashmas partner. I think it's a lovely idea! :)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

wow i guess it is that time..lol..kids go back to school on the 25th of aug here :shock:

anyway...i'll be signing up this year!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Me, too!

Kids go to school here tomorrow. :( And it's forecast to be raining. :cry:
Thursday Next

Post by Thursday Next »

:wub: the idea and definitely participating....and am glad to help organizing too! I know you just said you need a partner, but if you could use a "third" just let me know :)
:wip:
Mill Hill Buttons & Beads Fall Blooms

Grateful for my life - especially when I’m stitching!
ladymyste

Post by ladymyste »

Sounds like fun to me...sign me up :applesauce:
Debbie
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

This was great last year, I'll definitely join in again. I remember last year was a huge coincidence for me, because my secret giver and receiver ended up being a lady who lived right near the garden and aquatic centre in my OH's town that I visit occasionally! I was almost tempted to go and deliver her Stashmas gift by hand, but then I would have given myself away. :lol:
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Good luck Caz I had fun working on this with you last year :) I'd love to join in but owing to the current situation I won't, so I'll hope you all have a fantastic stashmas with lots of good pressies.
minij

Post by minij »

I joined the forum too late to join in last year but I would love to join this year please.

Thanks for offering to organise it KK and it looks as if you have help too so thats great :D
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

me too :dance:
Kute Kitty

Post by Kute Kitty »

Well, I've started on family Christmas presents already, which put me in mind of stashmas, and when I get an idea like this in my head I can't shift it until I do something about it! (I swear, I should put this on my CV or something...!)

Fantastic, thank you Kell and TN for volunteering to help organise, I'll start up a separate sign-up thread so everyone can sign up who wants to! Organiser ladies I'll PM you both :)
WIPs:
Snow Princess and the Polar Bear HAED

Plans:
Twinkle twinkle cushion for nephew's third birthday (September 2015)
Man U crests for husband and brother-in-law

dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

I would love to join in but with my daughters twins due in January I am up to my eyes in Afghans , samplers and knitted things. I will definitely be in next years though. Have fun all you who do join this year. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)