Bronze Star

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Bronze Star

Post by Rose »

Last night I got a message from my son. This was part of what he said.

Today I got a coin from the Sergeant Major because I was one of about 6 or 7 people in the company to get a 300 on my pt test. I also get my Bronze Star Medal with "V" device tomorrow. Yesterday we got our Army Commendation medals for 15 months service in Iraq during: Operation Iraqi Freedom V. Just about everyone got one of those so, pretty kool.

I have found this information on the web so you can all see why it was awarded.
The Bronze Star Medal is a United States Armed Forces individual military decoration which may be awarded for bravery, acts of merit, or meritorious service. When awarded for bravery, it is the fourth-highest combat award of the U.S. Armed Forces and the 9th highest military award (including both combat and non -combat awards) in the order of precedence of U.S. military decorations.The medal may be awarded for Valor in which case it is accompanied with an attached V. The Valor device identifies the award as resulting from an act of combat heroism

I'm sorry if I am overwhelming you all with all this stuff about my boy but I just can't wait for his return. Plus I think this is pretty awesome.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Wow - how exciting, Rose - you must be so proud of him, justifiably so. The Bronze Star is quite an achievement.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

It is so nice to hear of your Son Rose, I had to smile at the way he describes his awards as "Pretty Kool", Pretty amazing is more like it.
Over here all we seem to hear is the negative side,so please keep us fed as many updates as you can so we can share a little in your pride.
mags

Post by mags »

Great news Rose, you must be very proud 8)
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

That is wonderful Rose, I wondered what the bright light in the south was, it is you beaming. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda