Early morning guests.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Early morning guests.

Post by Rose »

This morning when I got up and was opening my curtains. ( It drives my daughter nuts that I close the curtains. We live 15 miles out of town and only 1 neighbor about 100 yards away, the main road about 1/4 mile at the bottom of the hill. So she doesn't think there is a reason to close windows.) I got an early morning surprise. We had very high winds last night starting about 9:30 to midnight. Well there are 3 horses in the pasture that is on the back side of the house. There is an old gate that just barely hangs on and you guessed it in the wind last night it capsized. So I had 3 horses eating my front grass. They were very happy. So I went and got the neighbor at 6:00 this morning, they are his horses, and we wrangled then back to where they belonged and patched up the gate.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

One of my neighbours found the next field's heifers in their garden. Munch munch no flowers or shrubs!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Well Rose you know what they say...the grass is always greener...and tastier!! :lol: :lol:
Big Hugs
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Last week a person in the Niagara area looked outside and found three buffalo lounging in her front yard. :o . The reporter from Channel 11 news in Hamilton was driving around the area and found them just relaxing. They wandered away from a farm. Could you imagine three animals the size of mini vans with horns on your front lawn? They did look quite content though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

When I was in High School there was a farmer that had a buffalo. I go loose one night about this time of year and was downtown roaming the streets. The cops had no clue what to do, they called my dad to ask him what to do? (Old time Cowboy) He told them to leave it alone and it would get hungry and eventually head home. Sure enough within the half hour he got tired of the streets and started for home. By then the rancher was headed to town to see how far his buffalo had gotten and he just followed it back and got him in the barn and mended the fence were it had broken through. After it broke out two more times and made a mess of traffic in the area the farmer butchered it.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

That'll teach it! :shock:

Not in the same league, but we woke up one morning to find a cockerel and some chickens in our garden. They belonged to a neighbour further up the road and had got out of their chicken run. :D