picture to cross stich.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

PJS0914

picture to cross stich.

Post by PJS0914 »

Hey all. I have an idea for a cross stich for my mom but I need to know if there is a way to do it. I wanted to take a picture of my son and nephew together and make it into a cross stich pattern. Is there such away to do that? To where I can make a pattern and also how to figure out the right color floss. I'm probably way over my head but its something I would love to do for her.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Me again.

I've translated a picture off a website with Digistitch and it was great representation though large. This was years ago with one of the early computer programs.

I think there are people on ebay that will convert them for you also. I bought two that were obviously from photos from a guy that is no longer listing but I know there are people that will convert any celeb so you should be able to contact them and have them do the translation for you.

I will warn you though that you probably want to hold off on that a bit until you get a few more projects under your belt. The two that I'm working on from photos contain lots of confetti stitching and can be frustrating at times but the outcome is can be great. If I can find it I'll upload a picture of the one WIP into my gallery and you can see they type of effect.
PJS0914

Post by PJS0914 »

okay well that does seem to be a bit over my head...maybe a year from now i'll thank about it again. Oh and as my husband just asked and I have no clue what is confetti stich? That should tell you how untrained i am at this. When my nana died 11 years i kinda let it go because she was the one that taught me so much and now i realized how much i enjoy it but I have ALOT to learn.
mags

Post by mags »

Confetti stitches are single cross stitches of any one colour scattered all over the place. (a nightmare :lol: )
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I just uploaded a picture into my gallery of the roses WIP that is made from a photo. You can get some beautiful detail but it is complicated.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Have a look here. She is/was a member of this forum at the beginning, and this is her site: http://laydenwithstitches.com/