Just Nan

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lacemaker2004

Just Nan

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi,
Has anyone tried a Just Nan pattern? I have wanted to for awhile but know that they are a bit pricey so have resisted the urge. The one I'm interested in is called Ice Blossom. The questions I have are: any thoughts on the cost of the silk pack and what other stitches are involved? The stitches don't scare me, I'd just have to practice before attempting. I guess I'm just more interested in everyone's thougths on her designs.
Alyson
mags

Post by mags »

I haven't done any and am interested to read any replies you get. The designs all look gorgeous and I do like the one you have picked out 8)
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

After posting I thought I might start slow with one of her freebies but you can't download any but the latest from her webpage and I'm on the fence about that design. :roll:

Let's see what we hear.
mags

Post by mags »

That is the only one I have seen - I think most of her freebies are free with a purchase of something else. :cry:
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
mags

Post by mags »

Just found these :

Christmas Hearts
http://www.nordicneedle.com/free/christmashearts.shtml

Italian Ice
http://www.wimblebees.com/free-cross-stitch.aspx

Thanks a Bunch
http://www.justnan.com/cp24.html
(or is this the one you have seen already)
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Thanks mags,
I did miss Thanks a Bunch on her webpage now I've fallen in love with Passione Ricamo's Valentine one about the Just Nan on Wimblebees.
That's it! I just have to quit my job and stitch full time to complete all the ones I want to!
alyson :P
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hey Alyson,

I can't really help with the original question as I have not done a Just Nan pattern but if you can find a way to quit work and stitch full time and still pay the bills will you let me know how to do it I would love to have the luxery.

I guess winning the lottery would maybe work but I guess that would mean I would have to stop being so cheap and actually buy a lottery ticket. :thinks: Oh the dilemma.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Well, I thought of the lottery option too but I have the same problem.

I keep telling my husband I'm going to quit and open a thread store.....he' not biting yet. :(
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Our local bakery is up for sale and as well as the building itself, it includes a little house next door. All this is in a row of houses which are over 100 years old: really very olde tyme sort of thing. Several of my friends and I have decided that a bakery with a small but perfectly formed coffee shop, small bookstore and needlework shop would fit the bill. Customers would have to wander up and down stairs and stuff, but why not?

I think it's time I bought that lottery ticket... :lol:
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Oh Serinde, I keep having that same vision. I look at lovely little houses that have found themselves in comercial areas or the lovely new shopping center that is going in down the street and I keep thinking what a good location that would be. I have visions of lovely rainbow of threads lining the walls and completed pieces hanging everywhere. A few comfie chairs for sitting and stitching in and a nice table for classes. I'd love to be able to have the fids come visit for the day too.

And now the only places for anything beyond dmc and some rainbow galleries is well over an hour away! Of course, there would need to be the web side of the house....which I know nothing about nor does my husband!

I already have the name picked out too!
sigh.....
merrywether

Post by merrywether »

I have stitched LOTS of Just Nan, check out my gallery for a few. She is one of my fav designers. I have some of her older freebies if you are interested, just pm me.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Just remember that if you are going to pass these on to read the copyright rules as even freebies have limited copyright. Sorry to bring this up again but we must be careful.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi Merryweather,
Thanks for the offer. Your work is lovely. I did find the thread listing on a webpage for the one I'm interested and I think I want to see it first. Of course there is the over abundance of projects in waiting that I have and then there's the highland scenery that Serinde just sent over......... :P

I've just run into a problem with my Mirabilia so I'm rather distracted for the moment.
Alyson
merrywether

Post by merrywether »

No problem, just let me know if interested.

Rose, thanks for posting the reminder. :) I forgot to put in my posts that I would only send those that were okay to distribute per the designer. You are correct, some of them are not distributable, but some are.