Floss on-line!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Viktoriya

Floss on-line!

Post by Viktoriya »

I have some problem. My favorite craft store close :( and now I can’t buy floss near me. I need to find some good web-site with fast delivery and not expensive floss. And I would like to buy floss by number, not whole bunch different (sometimes never use) floss. May be somebody have experience to buy floss on-line. I will be very appreciating for information.

I start new project and don’t have several floss for it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I don't buy floss on-line as I have several outlet in my area for the one or two I run out of. I did buy the whole set of DMC a few years ago on ebay and it was only 32 cents per and the shipping was free. The seller had an ebay store and she would also sell each skein seperately. I don't recall the name but if you do anything on ebay you could check out the store area and maybe find good prices. Just search under floss.

When I need yarn for a project I use Herrschner's they also have floss to sell and they are usually quite fast on delivery. I believe Annie Attic also sell floss on-line you could check out the prices there too. Both sites have a link in the "Internet Sites" thread at the top of the page. Hope you find what you want and get it fast.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Willow Fabrics has Anchor thread at 43p per 8m skein. I've used them before and found them to be very good. You order just the quantity that you need: http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalog/a ... _0204.html

Just realised that this isn't going to be much use to you in the US! :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Serinde on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi,
If you only need a little for your project I could either pick it up tomorrow and send it out to you or if it's only enough for small sections I may have i in my stash and could send it out in tomorrows mail. I'm in New Jersey so it would probably only take a couple of days, maybe have it by Wednesday if I got it out on Monday.

The other thing I would suggest is wait until AC Moore or Michaels has a sale and stock up on the full spectrum. I did that several years ago and while I usually don't have 100% of what I need for a project, I generally have a 95% of the colors. And if storage is an issue, they really dont' take up much space. I store mine on bobbins in a two drawer thread cabinet but plastic bags work well too! AC Moores usually has 5/dollar sales periodically.

Let me know.
Alyson
Viktoriya

Post by Viktoriya »

Thank You Alyson for your offer. :) But I need whole bunch of floss. I check 7 project from my “to do” list and resolve that I need about 60 different floss. I would like to buy it together. It is save my money for cheeping and I will ready to stitch long time. :wink:

I like your idea about AC Moores. It is good to buy floss all colors for that price. But I live in Brooklyn and don’t know when they will have this wonderful price. I will be very appreciate :oops: if you give me know about this sale, if you catch it of course. I will drive there.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

http://www.acmoore.com/e-acm.StoreLocat ... eLocator=1

There's an AC Moore in Glendale. Above is the store locater page with several others close by too. You would know best which is easiest for your to get to from your home. Choose the store that's best for you and sign up for their email fliers and coupons. Just watch their home page for the sales. I think they have it once or twice a year.

I just checked Michaels and there is one in Woodside and they appear to have their sale 4/$1 but it ends today. You might give them a call and see if you can either get them to pick it for you and mail it all, especially if you want the full spectrum it would be easy for them. It doesn't appear that they sell the individual floss' through the web though.
http://michaels.shoplocal.com/michaels/ ... els-071125

Good luck.
Viktoriya

Post by Viktoriya »

Thank you Alyson for information, I will use it. I so :( , it is finish today. But I believe it will be more sales before Christmas or New Year. I will check it. Thank you for Web-links. :)
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Hi i got my threads off from a shop called K@tz

http://www.katzcrossstitchshop.co.uk/prod01.htm

They arrived very quick and they are brill, i paied 24.00pounds for 100 threads of my colour.
tripletvn

Post by tripletvn »

I think in most US cities/towns there would be stores of Jo Ann, Hobby Lobby and Michaels which are great crafts stores. Normally the price now is 25 cent/skein. But, on 20-21 Jan 2008 (two days only and we have only Martin Luther King day left) in Jo Ann DMC floss is on sale of 5 skeins for $1. I remember some time last year the greatest sale was 6 skeins for 96 cents. Also they regularly have 40-50% off coupons.