Need some advice please (let down again)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Re: Need some advice please (updated with more news)

Post by Rose »

That is good news!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

I'm so happy for you!! Brilliant news!! :D
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
agi

Post by agi »

This is great, Dawn! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thankyou all. THis really has been on my mind alot as I've not really known for sure what was going to happen. I'm very relieved now and very much excited by it as it means that I'll finally have set hours no more 5 minutes notice for a shift and I can see more of the girls which will make them very happy :D

Again thankyou all for the help support and replies they mean alot.

Oh and it means I'll be able to stitch again as I'll have more time :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Such good news. Congratulations! :applesauce:
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :dance: :dance:
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Midge

Post by Midge »

Great news Dawn. I am really pleased for you.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Wonderful news hun congrats! :applesauce: :applesauce: :dance: :dance:
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Well done Dawn, it's great that everything is working out so well - good luck for tomorrow :dance: :dance: :dance:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

That's great news Dawn. Life is so much easier when you know what you are doing when!

Liz
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Dawn

Re: Need some advice please (let down again)

Post by Dawn »

So I mentioned it that work had offered me a full time (well maternity cover job) then they offered me full time nights because someone put their notice in. Well then they kicked me in the teeth again!

Yup thats right they withdrew the full time job offer because the lady retracted their notice and so they gave her her job back leaving me out in the cold again!!!!

What have I done to be dropped on my backside again for no reason? I'm getting more than a bit sick off this I work hard I drop my plans and go in to them at a moments notice and yet I get no thanks and well no where!

I had a disagreement with my boss because of it. You see another girl started AFTER me and yet she got a full time job beacuse well obviously her face fits better than mine. See she's lazy and unqualified so they can boss her about and teach her how to do things badly!

The boss apologised to me and offered me shifts this month to make up for the problems however to do this he tried taking shifts off someone else! How to make me persona non grata in one easy bloody lesson! Luckily I'm friends with the person he took the shifts off so we managed to reach a agreement and neither of us lost out but still this is stupid the boss is obviously either trying to drive me insane and get me to quit or he's seeing how far he can push me before I scream blue murder and well get fired.
He did actually say to me that the next full time job that becomes available is mine but I honestly don't believe him as I said "since I've been here I've been offered full time 3 times and let down 3 times the whole building is full of p!ss and promises and the p!ss lasts longer I'm afraid"

I really do just give up I've been applying else where and have a few interviews coming up but I have hit another stumbling block in the fact that while my nvq 3 is finished I need my tutor to come out and assess me while I'm working so I can get totally signed off for it but she's harder to pin down to a time and date than it is to find hen's teeth.

I just wish I could get a job where something doesn't come along to screw me over seriously it feels like one stupid bad job after another. I work hard I follow my instructions and (mostly) I don't answer people back. I get that the world is full off bad jobs and bad management but why the heck do I find them all?!
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

Sorry to hear that you have been let down. When I was working I was very much like you in as far as I was always willing to go the extra mile and fill in for others, do extra hours at a moments notice etc. This aspect of your personality can get taken for granted and abused. I know that the extra hours mean more money and that this is important but in order to gain more respect and be valued more perhaps you need to be a little less flexible and start to say NO occasionally. It can come as quite a shock to others when the willing person is not available at the drop of a hat.

Good Luck with the interviews, you will find somewhere who truely values you as the good worker that you are. I eventually did when i set firmer rules for myself.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
freelady

Post by freelady »

I'm sorry for you and angry for you as well. It sucks big time to be used and abused by bosses. They might see you as someone who is useful and will fill in wherever she's needed. That could be more use to them than if you were on regular hours. I appears - and probably feels to you - that you just can't win.

If you paid for your NVQ course would you be able to complain about the tutor not completing your work as it is causing you a problem?

Good luck.
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

So sorry to hear about the problems you are having at work.

Try and get your tutor to come and sign off your NVQ asap. Maybe if you explain that you've some interviews coming up for a more permanent job, she might try harder to make an definate appointment with you. If she still doesn't respond, then certainly think about complaining.
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
maggs

Post by maggs »

Dawn sorry to hear that you've been dumped again. But as freelady said they may find you more useful because you are willing to work when they want you.

Hope your job interviews bear fruit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIP
Birds
Water Tiger
Millenium Sampler
Xmas stocking

2010 Finishes
Alphabet afghan
ATC 7&8
Egg swap
Forgotten Cart
KK/Kearbear cards
Sweet Dreams sampler
xmas Biscornu
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Dawn, sorry to hear that your boss has been so bad to you again. Hope some of your other applications work out for you. As others have said, I'd really try and get your tutor to come and do your assessment and consider complaining if she's still not committing to a date and time - or ask whether there's another teacher who could do the assessment if she can't make it.

Best of luck :shamrock:
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Dawn.

Unfortunately I think your description of the other girl may sum up your problem – or rather the problems of your boss and place of employment. Good, reliable and enthusiastic staff are easy to push around (especially when jobs are hard to come by) and it stinks that you are being treated this way.

I really hope you are able to get your nvq 3 signed off quickly and you will be able to get another job, where your skills will be appreciated and not abused. Good luck – I'll be thinking about you. :hug:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Wow... I don't even know what really to say... I think it probably is best to find a new place to work.. I think it's good to be flexable, and go an extra mile when most people won't.. but people can take advantage of that.. Maybe your manager doesn't mean to, as his focus is on the whole picture whereas you are focusing moreso on your situation. He does take advantage of you in trying to make the whole picture work. And if he can't guarentee you anything better, it's probably best to find a place that can.
Fa